six.

You're used to Felix criticizing your baking techniques, but what you aren't used to is him trying to help you. He's got his hands over yours again—this time of his own accord—and he's guiding you in placing your pineapple slices. You know perfectly well how to do this on your own, but he insists on showing you. "Alright, I've got it now."

Hearing the tone of your voice, he sighs, releasing your arms, so you can continue to place your slices in your pan. You space them less than you had in Felix's, and stack them a bit to give a bit of variety. Once you're done, you call for Minho, "Hey, can you get me some pineapple juice-water mix?"

Before the oldest has time to respond to your request, Felix pushes a small pitcher towards you. "Here, use some of mine," a bright pink on his cheeks that you luckily miss, taking the mixture and pouring it onto your pan.

"... Thanks."

You almost swear he's smiling, quickly beginning the next step of the process, "No problem." For once, his tone lacks all hostility. The table goes quiet for the majority of the round, an awkward and fairly uncomfortable silence between you two, which Felix decides he's not too fond of. Trying to ease the tension as your cakes bake, he leans towards you. "Want a brownie?"

You quirk your brow at him, utterly confused, "What?"

He looks at you this time, gesturing towards a box under his table, "A brownie, do you want one?"

"Um, sure." As long as they aren't poisoned. He hands you a larger one, and somehow it's still warm. Getting a whiff of it, you sigh, biting into the delicious treat. You almost don't care why you've been gifted this delicious piece of unhealthiness, but your curiosity gets the best of you. "Why are you being so nice to me today?"

He stiffens slightly, unsure of how to answer. "I can stop if you want—" he says, reaching over to take your brownie.

You snatch your hand away, hugging the delicacy to your chest protectively. "No, no... It's just odd..." you reply hastily, quickly becoming attached to your brownie. You won't acknowledge how you like the sweeter behavior, because if you do, you won't just be swimming in love for Felix, you'll be drowning. "Thanks, these are just like I remember them."

"Yeah..." he murmurs, smiling gently as you reach for another brownie. He had made them in the morning before leaving the bakery after mulling over your interactions the day before. "I actually made them for you—to say sorry for being a jerk, of course!" He adds that last bit a little too quickly to sound natural.

You nod awkwardly, finishing your brownie just as the oven timer goes off. Checking your work—like the fantastic baker you are—you poke a toothpick through the middle, a satisfied hum when it comes out perfectly clean. When you unstick the sides, you're surprised to see Felix has already unstuck one and is working on unsticking yours.

Minho stares at the younger just as confused, before shrugging. As long as the work's getting done, you suppose, standing to the side with nothing to do. You decide to make yourself useful, grabbing three decorated plates and placing them neatly in front of the three of you, ready to flip the cakes. Felix rushes to hand you oven mitts in an out-of-character way, but you think it's sweet nonetheless.

"Three, two, one!" All three of you flip your cakes, watching as they slide out perfectly, and you're sure you'll win again this year. They didn't call Yellow Wood the "Best Baker in Town" for nothing. "Alright, great job guys! Let's call the judges over."

Each cake had a slightly different tint, yours is more orange and bright than the others due to the higher concentration of oranges, while Minho's is closer to a caramel color--you assume he added brown sugar to the mix. The caramel has faded, the bubbles that once resided inside now pooped, leaving the cakes with a transparent olive look. All in all, they're absolutely gorgeous.

Yeji bounces over first, ready to taste the amazingness you've baked up for her. She squeals in delight, beckoning Hyunjin over before shoving a bite in his mouth. He doesn't care to get upset, too enamored by the sweet and tangy flavors dancing harmoniously in his mouth. "Oh man, unless the other teams are cheating, you've got our votes," he mumbles out, muffled by his stuffed cheeks as he continues to try the other cakes. He marvels at how you all managed to bake the same dish in such different ways and end up with three amazing and unique tastes. "Seriously, like, I might have to swing by the bakery later!"

You all laugh at his commentary, bowing thankfully as Chan approaches, eyes bright and trained on you. "Ah, what have I done to deserve a job where I get to see you and eat your fantastic baking for a week in a row?" His grin stretches ear to ear, and it only widens after he takes a spoonful to his mouth and savors the taste, "[Y/N], I love your baking too much to live without, I just might have to marry you."

The joke makes Felix freeze for a moment, thinking of a time when you two were seriously thinking of getting married and spending your lives together. How you used to cuddle into his side talking about your future as husband and wife, both of you so sure nothing would ever break you two up.

He used to always imagine buying your first house with you, picking your ring out. It was always the biggest predicament whether he wanted to help you choose a dress or if he wanted to see it for the first time at the wedding.

"Hm, do we want a big, extravagant wedding or a small one?" You hummed, twirling his sweater drawstring in your fingers, eyes staring at Felix's with nothing but love.

He looks up, scrunching his face up in deep thought, before leaning down to peck your nose, "We'll do whatever you want. How does that sound?" his cheeks squishing up to his eyes in happiness when you lightly push him, then hug his arms to his sides.

"Are you sure about that? What if I want dancing worms to perform?"

He bursts out in laughter. "Then so be it."

He comes back to his senses in time to see you flush. He laughs unnaturally, "Get in line, mate," an almost intimidating drip in his voice as he urges Chan to try the others. Get it line? What line was there for Chan to get in? You give Felix a suspicious look, not too happy with how he seemed to be unpredictable today. Chan shoots Felix a look when you're not looking, then heads off to judge Sweet Revenge, who'd just finished. The younger boy rolls his eyes, turning to you with a glint in his eye. "That Chan seems friendlier than friendly..."

You stare at him, baffled. "What's wrong with that? You might find this hard to believe, Felix, but some people still like me." And with that, you turn away from him, leaving the surprised baker kicking himself.