eleven.

Fifteen minutes fly by before you know it. Chan stands at the head of the park grounds again, broad-shouldered and beautiful, and you won't lie, you may have stared a little longer than you should've. "The round starts now! Someone from your team will come to tie your hands together with a silk rope—so no excuses to get out of it."

Minho comes over, smiling mischievously, "Ah, the lovebirds tied together by the red string of fate once more," he jokes, waving the red silk rope before tying your wrists together. You shoot him a half-hearted glare and he brings his hands up in surrender. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding."

And from then on it's just the two of you again.

The past three days had their fair shares of strange encounters with Felix, but today was taking the cake. Within the first five minutes, you and Felix had accidentally gotten into the famous "kabedon" pose, him gently hovering over you with his hands on either side of your face because you'd pulled him too hard towards the flour shelf. Now, five minutes later, you were half leaning on Felix, chin just above his forearm, as he cut the strawberries into slightly thick slices.

It wasn't a very compromising or affectionate position, but it had been a while since you were practically hanging off of Felix like that. You thought it was a good idea, so he'd have more room to move his arm, but after feeling the effects of being in such proximity with Felix, you decided it was a dumb thought in general. Damn him for being so beautiful up close.

Soon enough, he starts the next step, and you begin your own work, which proves much more difficult than you originally anticipated. The both of you are tugging in different directions, yanking each other away from their task as you both try to complete your own.

You decide to pull a little harder than either of you had before, pulling his wrist to your side of the table, happy with the result. Felix's face hardens, and no matter how many adorable freckles he has, he still manages to look threatening. Not that you can tell, though, because you're too busy working with flour to receive that dandy texture you're going for.

You're so preoccupied, you don't notice that he's about to tug his arm and yours back to his side until he's done it. The movement startles you and causes you to drop your ball of dough into a bowl of sugar, and you glare at him. He shrugs and continues molding his own, hiding his playful smirk.

You remove the sugar–which wasn't too hard since the dough was relatively dry and not sticky—and continue kneading your ball into the shape you want, then just as you finish, you bump your hip into him. He drops his, and you shrug, trying to suppress your giggles. "Hey, I'm just getting you back since you dropped mine."

He pokes his cheek with his tongue, unable to help his smile as his eyes turn to crescents happily. He hasn't seen you genuinely smile at him in what feels like years, and he'd be lying if he said he didn't miss it, or that it didn't make his heart palpitate three times faster. "Fair enough," he watches you for an extra second, taking in the moment. His ball is finally in the shape of a disk too now, and you help each other wrap them in saran wrap and plop them into the fridge.

You start on the filling, and Felix takes to sitting beside you, doing absolutely nothing, so you can pretend your wrists aren't currently conjoined. He decides now is a good time to observe you, leaning on his free hand to watch your features adoringly. If anyone were to look at you two, they'd probably think you two were the sweetest couple ever–except you're not a couple anymore, and nobody was watching you two for anything other than keeping an eye out for cheaters.

Felix gazes at you so lovingly, he can't even believe there was a time when he looked at you with spite—even if it was only a few days ago. He starts softly, nervously, "You look good, y'know... I'm sorry I wasn't a good boyfriend towards the end of it. You were amazing to me, and I just... wasn't."