fifteen.

Two hours later, you've all changed into more comfortable and presentable clothes. You all decide to carpool into two cars, Changbin with Minho and Jeongin, and Han driving you and Felix.

Felix feels his heart leap out his chest when he pulls up to your apartment complex, the familiar setting giving him butterflies. It gets even worse for him as you descend the stairs, jogging to the curb, dressed in your almost skinny jeans and a cropped t-shirt that fit you perfectly.

"Hi..." He flushes, breathless. You're not in anything fancy, but it had been so long since he'd seen you dressed casually with your hair and makeup done that he's completely enamored at the sight of you.

Jisung snickers in the back at Felix's pink cheeks, "Wow Felix, I haven't seen you look so flustered in a long time!" The boy's faux innocent tone eliciting a hearty giggle from you and a glare from Felix. "Hi [Y/N]!"

"Hey guys," you smile, sliding into the passenger seat comfortably. You mentally thank Jeongin for giving it up, so you could sit in it. You may or may not check Felix out as well, wondering when he decided to get so toned that you could almost see his abs through his t-shirt.

Felix smiles as he notices you looking him up and down, deciding that if nothing else, you at least had some appreciation for his looks. "You ready to go?" and with a nod from you, Han revs the engine, taking off toward the restaurant,

Although everything is so different right now, he can't help but remember your first date—before he had a car and his mom drove you both around. Your first date had been nothing extravagant; just a simple diner and worn-out jeans, but as two broke high school students, you thought it was the best. He remembers how you were too shy to hold his hand during the free screening of "Grease" at the park. If he could only turn back time...

Clearing the thoughts from his mind, he shakes his head. He can't turn back time, so there's no use in thinking like that. What he can do, however, is ask you for a second chance. He just hopes you'll say yes.

You never really realized how loaded Changbin must be until you pull up to a Michelin-star rated restaurant and the men at the front are valet drivers. Why was he working at a bakery when he could afford this without breaking a sweat? "Wow, this place is... flashy. But, like, in all the right ways. I feel like I'm in a palace or something," you gush, eyes sparkling at the intricately designed white walls and live classical orchestra.

Felix nods beside you, "Yeah, I think I'm underdressed," he jokes, running a hand through his hair. A receptionist approaches you shortly, and he gives her the name of the hour, "Seo Changbin, party of six," his voice smooth and deep, but you can hear the slight discomfort you associate with feeling almost out of place in this luxurious place. The lady nods, checking her list and guiding you all to an empty table by the windows, but not before sending Felix a more than friendly wink.

You shake your head at her not-so-subtle flirting, but seat yourself anyway. You were not going to get worked up over Felix, and you were not going to let the waitress's flirting ruin your night.

The table has a gold chain chandelier you're sure costs no less than four-thousand dollars on its own. The table itself is decorated from the legs up with intricate wood carvings and subtle marks of a metallic sheen, giving it a unique look of both metal and dark sepia wood. While the table-top is glazed in resin, an enhanced wooden pattern showing through the clear substance.

You look through one of the menus, gulping at the prices, before remembering that this won't even dent Changbin's wallet and ordering what your heart desires. You'd baked so much, it felt way too good for someone else to be cooking for you for a change. It's only when you hear a familiar "Hey, [Y/N]!" that you tear your eyes from the pricey and absolutely gorgeous gourmet food.

"Chan? Hey! What're you doing here?" Missing the way Felix's expression drops at the other Australian's arrival, you jump out of your seat. Of course, Chan just had to be here too, he thinks. You're rather excited to see him, though, tugging him to sit with you.

The male chuckles and takes a seat beside you, waving at both Felix and Jeongin before answering, "The other judges and I always eat here after the competition. They're just taking a while to get out of the car. Something about needing a better hair part or something," and that makes you snort in utter amusement. "I didn't expect to see you guys here, though. I mean, this place is super expensive."

You nod, "We know. Luckily, we have a pretty rich friend treating us all to dinner tonight."

Chan nods in understanding, about to leave when you stop him, "Do you guys want to join us? We have a few extra seats with your names on them."

Please say no, please say no, please say no... The younger man's thoughts yell. He had a foolproof plan, and now that Chan was here, he might as well toss it down the drain. Now Chan had the chance to ask you out, and Felix couldn't stop him.

Despite his desperate pleas, the judge shrugs, and nods while muttering something along the lines of, "Sure, why not?"

Because I don't want you flirting with the love of my life right beside me, Felix growls mentally. He backtracks for a second and scowls at the slightly shorter Australian when he realizes just how much he still loved you. If only he had better timing and had never left you, you'd be kissing him lovingly or holding his hand right in front of Chan's annoyingly handsome face.

Regardless of his mental begging, Chan stays seated beside you, falling into conversation with you so easily that Felix is almost jealous. But, he wants to show you only his positive sides and tries to ignore it, playing a game on his phone instead to distract him. He doesn't even notice Changbin's arrival until they're sitting in front of him and ordering. "Oh, I didn't see you guys come in. Are you sure this is where we want to eat?"

They nod, your less than rich friends sending him silent death stares—they didn't want to miss out on the chance to eat food they were otherwise unable to afford. "Yeah, I'm sure. Why? Do you not like it here?"

It's only when Felix realizes that Yeji and Hyunjin are there too that he knows he's not getting out of this situation—the situation being you stuck in a conversation with Chan that would likely last the entire night. He sighs, "No, this place looks great... I was just making sure..."