three.

You finish packing away the last of the supplies, thankful for Changbin and his strong arms, who'd decided to hang back and help you out. All that's left is for you to load it into the truck, which would've been easy, had Felix not chased your muscle away after he'd caught him helping you. You groan, straining your free arm and leg muscles to carry the heavy box into the truck's trunk, almost collapsing before you've even made it halfway there, spilling the plates and whisks over the park's brick-patterned pavement. "Damn Felix, always giving me more work than I should have. He doesn't even have a reason to be mad! He broke up with me!" Scowling as you recollect the supplies grumpily.

Your loud complaining draws a chortle or two from beside you, Chan holding his fist to his mouth to cover his amused smile.

Flustered, you drop your box—the same box—accidentally in embarrassment. "Can I help you?" Your voice unconfident and your face aflame. You'd just argued about your ex, out loud and imaginary, unaware of the judge who'd heard it all. "Chan, right?"

The ginger nods, his prominent dimples showing in his big smile, "Yep! And you're [Y/N], right?" his smile widens impossibly when you nod, "I was wondering if you'd like me to help you finish up around here?" Of course, you tell him yes, thanking him over and over and complimenting his strength repeatedly.

"Thank you so much! I don't know what I would've done without you and all your buff-ness." You were partly joking but mostly serious because everyone knew you did not wield that type of strength in either your upper or lower body. "Seriously, you're a lifesaver!"

He laughs, loading the last box into the truck and rolling down the door. "So, what're you doing packing all this up on your own? I mean, the elimination round is already over and almost all of your team has left already, and you're a baker. I would've thought you'd be home by now," he finishes, curiosity in his slight accent.

You sigh, visibly deflating. "So you know Felix, right?" You wait for him to nod, urging you to continue. "He's my annoying, jerk boss... and my ex-boyfriend."

"Oh..." Chan cringes, understanding immediately.

"You know what the worst part is? I didn't even break up with him! He broke up with me!" your hands flailing in the air to add to your dramatics. Chan's eyes show confusion, and you nod as to say, "I know right?" making him laugh, "Don't laugh at my misery! He never lets me relax. He never even told me why he wanted to break up." An angry pout forms on your plush lips.

"Yikes," the ginger winces, trying to hide his smile. You get it, if the roles were reversed you'd probably find it oddly amusing too. You shove him lightly anyway, shaking your head when he breaks into a fit of laughter, "Hey, sorry! It's just weirdly funny. I mean, he's a complete jerk for doing all that, but it's still kind of ridiculous."

You nod, agreeing. You two sit like that, leaned against the truck for a solid ten minutes, playfully arguing about trivial matters and laughing at Chan's enormous collection of pick-up lines until it's disturbed by no one other than the bane of your existence. Felix strolls up to the two of you, putting on that same smile he gave to customers just after he'd ordered you to clean the bathroom floors—despite the fact that the café had its own designated janitor.

"Hi, Chan! [Y/N]." He gives you a curt nod that makes you roll your eyes. How fake could he be? "I was coming to check if you were done yet, since the last of us are going back to the bakery, and I was wondering if you could work the afternoon shift today?"

Your jaw drops, already imagining the pile of dishes you had used to bake today, and those the bakers who'd stayed behind had probably sullied. You hang your head, agreeing because you know that he'd get you to do it somehow, be it through a cut paycheck or a job transfer. "Yeah, sure."

Chan frowns. "But she's been working all day? Don't you have other staff that can cover for her?" Felix's fairy-like eyes darken imperceptibly, and you urge Chan to let it go. Seeing the look of tiredness in your orbs, he sighs, "I guess if she's up for it, I can't stop her." A feigned smile appears on his lips.

"Yep, that's [Y/N]! I can always rely on her to be ready to work," flashing a much too forced smile your way, the crinkles beside his eye phony and almost seeming sarcastic. Of course, Felix didn't want anyone outside the bakery to know how cruel he was. He had no power over anyone who didn't work for him, and you were sure he didn't want to get reported and fired. "Nice seeing you, Chan! Maybe we can get something to eat sometime!"

Chan smiles at you, "Bye [Y/N], see you tomorrow, I hope!" ignoring Felix's offer entirely and giving your hand a chaste peck, a flirty yet friendly grin on his thick lips when you flush.

"Haha... Bye Chan! I hope to see you too," You giggle slightly as you pull your hand from his, only to groan as Felix tugs you towards the truck door.

Surprisingly, the freckled boy manages to have some gentlemanly qualities left in him, opening your door for you and helping you climb in before shutting it. It almost gives you whiplash how quickly his attitude has changed from overly happy to completely done once he closes his door, "I need you to wash the dishes and mop the floors when we get back. Any arguments and I'll cut you from the rest of the event."

You give him a dirty look, leaning over to rest your head on your palm to stare out the window for the rest of the ride.

a/n: how are you doing? Well? I hope so! I hope you all enjoyed this part, and as always, leave a comment and a vote if you did! Additionally, if you didn't, leave a comment telling me what you didn't like and I'll be glad to read through your CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM as soon as I can! Have a swell day/night and good morning/good night to all of you.