22.

MICHIKO

I rolled my eyes as Shilah and were lead to the label conference room. People watched on as if we were foreigners. Shilah pinched me arm making me smirk. We never had to speak in these situations. She knew exactly what I was thinking: This is straight bullshit.

When we got inside, we were seated across from everyone of Amir's team that was at the first meeting and some others. Two chair in the center across from us were empty. Again I rolled my eyes at the dramatic of Amir being intentionally late. I took off my shades and open my portfolio that held the contract, as well as the letter from our attorney if this did not go as planned.

"Good morning everyone" I spoke

"Nice to see you again Michiko" the label rep spoke "East is running behind—"

"No need for explanation. We agreed to this time. It is up to you all how you'll proceed"

"We can get started" the attorney spoke up

"Alright" I slide him the contract "I'm sure you remember and have your copy as well but I brought an additional copy of the contract that was signed by Mr. Easton. Feel free to take a minute for others to review it. It clearly states that from the date of the signature, your client is in a two year legal agreement with our company. Termination of services can only be done under the grounds stipulated. None of the stipulations have been committed, nor is this attempt at termination mutual. Unless you want a lawsuit, as you also sign under the label, I would suggest encouraging your client to take the offers provided"

"What offers?"

"Mr. Easton was offered limited contact and/or having my colleague to take over his services. Amidst the already scandal happening with the potential child, it would be best to settle this today, as we will no longer contribute to damage control until this matter has been settled"

"Ms. Cross, we understand the stipulation within the agreement" the lawyer spoke "But it is from our understanding that there was a breech of contract. Mr. Easton has stated that there was a romantic relationship between the two of you"

"What?!" Shylah and I both gasp

There was silence before I began laughing. Hysterically. I shook my head after collecting myself and sighing. East was petty but I was a business woman.

"There was never a romantic relationship between myself and Mr. Easton. All outings I have gone on with Mr. Easton included his manager as well as my colleague. Not to mention most of our contacts have been about how to handle his girlfriend's behavior prior to them re-engaging in a relationship. Did Mr. Easton like me? Yes. He made it clear but we both acknowledged that it was a conflict of interest. I am—"

I was cut off by the door opening with Amir, his baby mama, and KD walking in. I rolled my eyes and the extra ass entrance but still waited for him to be seated across from me and Shylah.

"As I was saying" I rolled my eyes "I am not necessarily bound by professional boundaries in regards to "hanging out" with clients. There are limited to client interactions. But seeing them in their own elements gives me a real time look into their lives. However nothing done with Mr. Easton was outside the scope of what I do with all clients. There was no romantic relationship. Him having a crush on me or me having a crush on him does not constitute a romantic relationship. We've never dated, had sex, or anything. Right Mr. Easton"

"I kissed you!"

"Which could be seen as an unwanted sexual contact. I never asked to be kissed or eluded to wanting a sexual relationship with you. You kissed me and I didn't file sexual harassment charges on you"