Prologue

*****July 2015*****

MICHIKO

I parked outside of Rashaad's parents house. He had been ignoring me all weekend no matter how many messages I sent. I felt like he knew what I wanted to talk about, which only made me feel worst about the situation.

I took a deep breath before getting out of my car and heading to the door. I knocked and rung the door bell then waited. Just when I was about to knock again, he open the door in his boxers.

"Baby?" He looked confused "What are you doing here?"

"I been calling and texting you for two days. What's up with you avoiding me?"

"Avoi— I'm not avoiding you. I been busy with practice and shit"

"Practice?! You're leaving for training camp in two weeks. You gone be practicing nonstop. You couldn't have took a break to talk to me"

He sighed "I didn't think about it"

"Wow" I shook my head "Shows how important I am. You know what? Fuck it"

I turned around and headed to my car only for him to grab me.

"Mich wait!" He sighed "You're right. I fucked up and I was wrong. We do need to talk. I guess I just didn't want to have the conversation"

"Huh?"

"Look I'm sorry about NYU but this is a better opportunity for me. I can't just throw—"

"Wait! Whoa! What?" I stepped away from him "What are you talking about Rah?"

"That's what this is about... ain't it?"

"What is that?"

He shook his head looking down.

"Rashaad on God you better speak the fuck up!"

"I'm not going to NYU. I got accepted into LSU. They giving me a full ride"

"So was NYU!"

"LSU is my dream school Mich! You know that! NYU was just a back up plan for me. You want to go there. Not me"

"Then why plan our fucking future together for months if you knew you weren't going?! Why would you lie to me?! I get it that LSU is your dream—"

"This wouldn't work anymore" he finally looked at me again "I can't be with you if you in New York"

My mouth dropped at his words. As much of the hard bitch I was, Rashaad made me into mush. When he hurt me, it also hit harder. I felt the tears well in my eyes but I refused to let them fall.

"So instead of telling me how you felt. Instead of talking to the person you claim to love and have been with for two fucking years... you just ignore me until I leave?!"

"I wanted to talk eventually but I had other shit—"

"Shaad baby?"

I looked pass him to see Gia Towns, his ex girlfriend in a towel. She smirked at me before looking back at him. He looked between us as if he would shit bricks.