10.

Omniscient

Michiko wrapped gifts with Joy while Nami and Akiko has Reign at the park. They had so many gifts hidden throughout the house, these just added more to the pile.

For the last week, Michiko avoided thinking about Rashaad or the letter. As she sat with Joy, her night with Amir and his advice played in her head. She also thought about her promise to her mother. She shook her head before stopping and looking at Joy. Joy stopped as well looking worried at a flustered Michiko.

"Honey wh—"

"Do you know?"

"Know what?"

"About the letter... from Rashaad"

She sighed "Papi told me after he gave it to you. I told him to respect you—"

"I read it" Michi looked down "I'm not sure what he wants. I guess to talk"

"What do you want?"

"To be left alone" She shrugged "But I also know it's not about me. It's about Reign so..."

"You don't have to do anything you're not ready for"

Michiko sighed thinking about my talk with Amir. She knew she had to get it over with if she was going to do it.

"You think Papi could get him to meet me over here or at my office?"

"He went to lunch with him today. I'm sure he can ask him to stop by. When Reign wakes up, I'll take her to that snow cone place she always begging to go to"

Michiko sighed and nodded before gathering the gifts we had finished. She headed upstairs to Papi's office and hid them in the closet. It was the only room Reign didn't go in so they were safe. Once she was gone she went to check on Reign.

She watched her daughter sleep before laying beside her in the full size bed. Michiko pulled Reign close before drifting off herself, blocking out all her anxiety and anger.

_____________

Rashaad sat on the couch watching ESPN trying to relax. After lunch with his dad, he started thinking about what to do. Raphael all but begged him to give Michiko time to think. She didn't seem bothered. Now that he had initiated communication, he was growing anxious about everything.

His thoughts were interrupted by Gia yelling for him. He hoped up and followed her voice to the front door.

"What baby?"

"Come see!"

He turn the corner and smiled seeing his dad. He was gone used but figured it was important since they just had lunch.

"What's up pops?"

"Aye son" he hugged me

"I didn't---"

"I know but I forgot I need you to help me with some of your stuff at the house. We redecorating or whatever Joy calls it. Just want to know what you would want here or what we can put in storage. I wanted to catch you on my way home since you got a busy week coming up"