11.

RASHAAD

I  woke up with Gia snuggled close to me. I sighed because I knew today I had to tell her about the test. I was heading there after breakfast and no matter how much I prepared over the last two days, I just didn't feel prepared for what was to come. I got up and went through my morning routine washing and getting ready.

By the time, I was headed downstairs for breakfast, Gia was just getting up to get ready herself. I greeted, Dorinda who was already making breakfast. I open my laptop and started responding to emails while scheduling a meeting with my manager, Ezra. I still hadn't told anyone about the Michiko situation so everything was going to be new. I had to start today though. As soon as the emails were sent, Gia came into the kitchen.

"Morning baby" she kissed me "Morning Rin"

"Good morning Ms. Gia"

"Hey baby" I smirked at her

Dorinda set our food down and headed out of the kitchen. We began eating before I decided to speak up. I cleared my throat before sitting up in my seat.

"Baby" I sighed "I need to talk to you about something"

"What is it? What's wrong"

"I don't really know where to start"

She sighed putting her fork down. Her face was blank and I knew she was getting irritated. I sighed and decided to take Lia's advice and rip the band-aid off the situation.

"A couple weeks before the wedding I saw Michiko"

"What?" she instantly got pissed "What the fuck do you mean? Whe---"

"It was in passing. I saw her walking pass. We just looked at each other and she kept pushing"

"Okay? So what? What are you--"

"Just listen damn" I sighed "A part of me and pops hashing out shit out was talking about Michiko and that situation. We agreed to leave it alone... but after I saw her it started bothering me again. You know my pops been dealing with her since then and I just.... I don't get it"

"What do you mean? She cheated on you and they took her words over yours. It seems pretty self explanatory"

"She still says it's my kid"

"But Devonte said---"

"I know what he said!" I threw my head back "But I'm grown and I can't go off the he say she say shit no more. I need to know the truth. I need to know if that's my kid"

"You seriously think the baby's yours? After everything you went through" she scoffed "Fine. Can't we just talk to a lawyer about---"

"I don't want to do that. Look just.... I have everything handled. I just wanted to talk to you and let you know. I'm not going to keep this a secret from you or no shit like that"

"What do you mean you got it handled?"

"I already talk to Michiko---"

"YOU WHAT? How can you think that is okay? You think it's okay for you to be with her and tell me about it later?"

"Be with--- We just sat down and talked, at my parents house. There is nothing for you to be worried about Gianni. I'm trying to figure out if this is my daughter! I'm not worried about Michiko like that!"

"But you went behind my back already!"

"It wasn't behind your back baby" I rubbed my hand down my face "I promise I didn't think it was a big deal. I'm just clearing up the question for myself. This might not change anything. There---"