7.

RASHAAD

My dad called to let me know he was leaving soon and I wanted to say goodbye. I decided to pull up at the house and say goodbye. He showed me where he stayed so I could have some of my gardeners check on the lawn when they leave. His neighbor helped with the lawn care but he was moving.

I pulled up and saw him packing up the car. They had a shit tone of bags for this trip but Joy did love to shop. I laughed parking behind the rental and getting out. My dad looked surprised to see me but smiled and hugged me.

"What are you doing here?"

"I had to come see yall off"

He smiled hugging me again "I really did miss you son"

"I missed you too"

"No business today"

"Nope! Had a little celebration last night. I got sent the contract. I'm being officially offered"

"Word? That's great!" He chuckled "I can't wait!"

"I'm getting more excited myself"

"Just give it----"

"PAPI!" I little voice yelled

"Little one!" Joy yelled out her stern voice

"Sorry Nana" the little voice got sad

"Whose that?"

"The god-grand you spoke to"

"Yall travel with her?"

"From time to time. She's spoiled and loves being with us"

"I'm sure" I laughed "Joy always wanted a daughter"

"She's definitely got her hands full"

"You need some help"

"Umm sure most of the bags are at the door"

We walked to the door and started grabbing bags. When we got down to the last two bags, I decided to tell him.

"I saw her"

"Who?"

"Michiko" I sighed leaning against the hood of my car "I didn't know she was here"

He nodded but didn't speak

"You knew"

He nodded again

"Why not tell me?"

"You didn't want to talk about Michi.... it's a lot I want us to be clear on so nothing blocks our relationship anymore..... but I respect your decision to leave it alone"

I thought hard about it before I decided to respond.

"You think we got time before the flight?"

He smirked before nodded "I can get little bit some snacks"

"I'll drive"

We got in my car and headed to a corner store not to far from his place. I didn't know how to start the conversation so I just waited for him.

"Son you don't have to be nervous"

"I'm not"

"I can't tell"

I huffed "I just don't want a bunch of bullshit or drama to come from this pops. The place I'm at in life any and everything effects my livelihood"

"I understand that but what you seem to not get is that Michiko feels the same way"

"She does?"

"She's not just some chick you messed around with from time to time. You dated Michi! It's been a few years but you know better"