6.

MICHIKO

I finish my make up, fully dressed and sighed. I was already regretting the agreement already. Shy convinced me to go out to a lounge that does karaoke and get drinks. We haven't seen each other since we got here and I agreed so I could get out the house but I wish I hadn't. The chances of seeing him were slim to none but I didn't want to take the chance.

I looked in the mirror one last time taking a deep breath.

"You look good Michi"

I turn to see Shyla looking stunning in a two piece set.

I tried to give a smile but it was visibly half hearted and unenthusiastic

I tried to give a smile but it was visibly half hearted and unenthusiastic. She shook her head before handing me my purse. I followed her out into the living room.

"See y'all later" Shy waved walking out the door "Love you guys!"

I laughed before picking up Reign. I kissed her all over her face making her giggle. I placed her back in Joy's arm, giving Joy a kiss on the cheek as well.

"Be back soon even if I have to walk" I joked

"Have fun Michi. Please" she gave me her mothering face "You never give yourself a break. Go out and live"

"I live every day. And being here just isn't fun"

"You got it mama. Just try"

"Okay" I sighed "Love y'all"

I walked outside and jumped in Shyla's rented truck. We headed to the lounge vibing out between DaBaby and Megan thee Stallion. I tried my hardest to get out of my head and just have fun. They were right, I rarely gave myself breaks. I needed to relax.

When we got there, it was actually jumping. People were all over the place but it wasn't crowded. We quickly got a booth and ordered drinks.

"See this is fun!" She nudged me

"I guess" I smiled "I just... you know I don't like being here"

"This is home Michi. No matter how far you run, it doesn't change that this place is our home. We can't let the past sto—"