1.

*****January 2020*****

MICHIKO

I walked out of my baby sister's school rolling my eyes in frustration. For the fifth time some racist little shit head was picking at her. I've tried to mediate with them, asked for meeting with his parents, and everything else. They don't take me serious because I'm not our mother but I'm her legs guardian.

"I'm sorry Michi"

"Akiko don't you ever apologize for defending yourself! I'm damn proud of you! Fuck them! They think this shit a game but they gone feel me!"

"What are you going to do?"

"Publicity is my thing baby sis" I smirked at her pulled out of the parking lot "I'm gone show them who they fucking with"

"I'm gone need a new school aren't I?"

"Already got approve for Belclair"

"That's—"

"I know" I smiled "Nothings too much for you baby sis. You got your early acceptance and just gotta finish. Changing school will only make you look better. Especially when you're still the valedictorian"

"How?!"

"Just know I made it happen"

"You a boss sissy" she leaned over and hugged me "Mommy would be so proud"

"Thank pooh" I held in my tears "Come on you can help Shi around the office"

"Cool"

I drove to my office, head inside to immediately get to work. Once I was in my office alone, I paused to take a deep breath before breaking down. I looked at the picture on my desk of myself with my mother and sisters as I cried.

In five years, so much has happen. By the grace of God my mother made it a year after her diagnosis, dying on my fathers birthday. I was given full custody of my sisters and immediately focused on them and school. I didn't get time to grieve her lost, until someone suggested family therapy. I couldn't afford it but the campus counseling's center offered it to us for free.

Everything was hard but I never falter. I knew I was blessed to get her for the last year. Especially with the birth of my daughter, Reign Miyoko Cross. She was born two weeks before my mother died. I was forever grateful to God for that alone. But he didn't stop there. I worked my ass off with a fifteen hour course load every semester including summers allowing me to graduate in two and a half years. I got offered a job at my internship when I graduated and worked there until last year. I open my own PR firm with my best friend Shyla.

PRESS is my second baby. Many of my clients came with me. I only have a few but they are an array of models, actors, and upcoming artist. I even have started getting a few small business. My life went from a year of tragedy to years of success.

I calmed down as I reflected over everything. My life has literally been going up and I can't let it stop now. I went into my personal restroom and fix my make up before going back in my office.

"Michiko" my secretary/intern spoke into the intercom

"Yes Lia?"

"There's somewhere here to see you. A umm new client?"

I scrunched up my face confused as to who wanted to meet without having a scheduled meeting.

"Give me a few"

I checked all of my calendars and planners but there was no new client meetings. I decide to just go out and see. I stepped outside and almost let my mouth dropped since who was standing there. My little sister smiled at me before giving me a hug.