4

I remember the first time I met her. Or rather the first time she saw me, she was like a predator amongst her prey. Looking for men she could control and degrade. She was a fierce and evil woman. A very far cry from the woman I initially looked for.

I was wearing a suit. She was wearing a dress.

I slowly walked to her table that was placed near the windows. Calming jazz music was playing in the background as I walked. Music that hugged my ears softly as I neared her beautiful appereance. I politely asked if the seat in front of her was taken, she calmly responded with a no, which was the first and last time she allowed me to sit on a chair.

I dutifully took the seat in front of her. Looking for a good conversation starter. Perhaps something about her outfit? I asked myself. Wondering if it was smarter to talk about our environment instead. Maybe something about the newest item on the menu? I shook my head; no, I couldn't ask her that.

My palms got wet when I catched her eyes slowly gazing up from the menu. Piercing into my soul and taking my breath. I hitched weakly and focused on my own clothes. Subtly looking for something wrong about my appearance.

Something falling to the floor suddenly disrupted my thought pattern. Making a generous chirp that echoed over the jazz music. I gave her a careful look, noticing that her ring wasn't on her finger anymore. It was on the ground, right next to her tall black heels.

"I've had a hard day, may you please be a gentleman and pick it up for me?" she asked.

I nodded hesitantly in return. Not sure if it would make me a gentleman or a pushover to pick it up.

In the end, I did as she asked of me. I crawled down under the table in my expensive Armani suit to pick up her ring. When I finally managed to find it under the dim lighting, she stopped me on the way up. Stomping on my head with her heel to keep me in place.

"Stay there" she said.

The server came soon after. Balancing the meal and wine in her hands as she gave my mistress a welcoming smile. My mistress smiled back, rather passive aggressive. She took her meal and kicked me in my side. I was still crawled up under the table, trying to calm my embarrassment.

"Give me your credit card," she told me.

I searched inside my pockets, finding the shiny hard card in my back pocket. Dragging it out and handing it to her. Not realizing what I was doing, I was too occupied with being flustered. Desperately gripping her ring in my hand and waiting for the waiter to leave.

After a while, the waiter left. And the woman above me allowed me to stand up. I passed the ring into her hand before going back to my chair. Wondering what I was going to tell her. How I was going to make it clear to her that I wasn't a pushover.

After the dinner, I realized that I hadn't eaten anything. My stomach was just as empty as it was when I first arrived. Instead of ordering, I watched as she slipped the ring back on her finger. Sitting there quietly while she was gripping my card in her hand. Holding my most valuable item. My life savings, business money, car, house and insurance all in her palm. Treating it like it wasn't important.

I stared intensely, suddenly noticing the uncomfortable feeling that was creeping into my body. Making me squirm in my seat.

She took a sip of the wine and gave me a warm smile.

"Give me your phone, wallet, identification and show me where you live. It's only natural to quench a woman curiosity if you really wish to call yourself a gentleman." She told me.

I hesitated. Wondering if I could trust this complete stranger. She threatened to break my card in half, something that caused me to pay attention. I found my ID, phone and wallet. Putting it on the table in front of her. Sitting there quietly as I watched her take all my stuff. Not understanding why it was needed.