3 IT GIRL

This one is so so. I heard a story from our team and their conversation about their crush in the product department was funny so I was inspired to write this. I thought about this last night so there's no thorough prep at all.

Enjoy..

Seokjin's thoughts/ POV - italicized
Byul's - bold

~~~~~~~

The IT GURL

Another boring day

Another boring day. What should I do? Should I play a mobile game? The quests are not exciting anymore. The release of my favorite video game is still a month away. I should have brought my PS5 instead. Argh. 

Kim Seokjin. Aka. The Loafer. He avoids work as much as he can. Sitting all day in the office. Waiting to get paid. While thinking on how he'll spend his idle time. 

And he does it everyday. That is his daily routine. Going to work doing nothing, then going home to play video games.

He sometimes wonders why he is still employed.

Trying to be productive today, he wears his headphones to play the latest computer game in the market but gets interrupted when his babysitter at work/best friend enters his office.

"Seokjin-ah."

The tone of his voice when heard in mornings will make someone cheery and energized by the amount of brightness he radiates, but for Seokjin, it's nothing but a nuisance to his peace.

"Hoseok-ah." He uninterestedly greets him back.

Jung Hoseok - the head of the Human Resource department. No wonder he is. But don't get tricked. He's a bright person but those who do not do their jobs properly will definitely experience his wrath. And Jin is not an exemption.

"Aigoo. You know how hard it is in my department these days. I'm getting stressed. The wrinkles on my face are starting to show."

He looks at the said man, baffled by his early outburst. He thought he was going to reprimand him again for being a free-rider but he didn't. Instead, he found a new source of frustration that will keep him busy. And Jin finds favor from it. An occupied Hoseok means more free time for him.

"Why? What happened?" He feigns interest but his blood starts to thump on his veins from the excitement of playing a new game which is now 90% loading.

"Haven't you heard? The new software engineer is really good but she's making my work hard. The productivity rate in the IT department is declining. It's getting worse!"

His best friend rants while preparing himself a cup of coffee from his pantry.

"Really? Aren't you the one who processed her employment? She received lots of great feedback during the last evaluation I heard. What's the matter?"