ix

575 B.C.

Aakashi stood in the centre of the temple, her hands above her head. She looked to the sky, whose beauty had been shrouded by a blanket of clouds. Moving her hands outwards and down, the clouds slid to the side, revealing a myriad of stars. The citizens that had been around her looked up, letting out amazed sighs. She smiled at them, taking a step forward, out of the crowd. 

She made her way to one of the pillars, where Druig stood with his shoulder leant against the wall. He unfolded his arms, pulling Aakashi in by her waist. "Thank you for the stars." He told her, a smirk appearing on his face.

She twisted around so that she was stood next to him, before sinking to the floor. Druig sat down next to her, their backs to the wall, hugging their knees. "You act like they're there for you." She smiled, looking up, letting them reflect in her eyes. 

"Not me, us." He insisted playfully.

Aakashi pushed her head back to laugh, leaning against the wall. Druig watched her, waiting for a response. "Sure, Druig. Mhm." She nodded, her eyes closed and a calm smile on her face. 

"What? You know I'm not joking." He pushed, turning his torso so that he could look at her properly. Her cheek and brow were illuminated by the warm light around them. 

"I know you're not, that's the problem." She sighed, resting her head on her knees. "You know Ajak's rule."

"Oh, of course, Ajak's rule." He drew in a sharp, pained breath, then exhaled. "What was it again?" 

She rolled her eyes, turning to face him. They were inches from each other. "'Younger members of the team can't date other members of the team.'" To be truthful, she didn't like the rule. She half understood it, because they might not be wise, or mature, which could effect the rest of the team. But that didn't seem right to her, not really. She thought she was just as mature as, say, Ikaris, maybe more. He was so petty.

"Right." Druig nodded. "You seem to be able to recite it by now." He teased.

"Only because I have to keep reminding you." She nudged his shoulder, knocking him out of his stupor. 

They sat in a comfortable silence for a while, gazing at the groups of people in front of them. The music picked up, and a dance began.

After a while, Aakashi jumped to her feet, turning to Druig, still on the floor, and held out her hand. "Walk with me?" 

he took it, pulling himself off of the ground. "Can it rain?"

She smiled, remembering his adoration of the downpour kind of weather. "Sure."