xxxiv

2023 A.D.

"This sudden appearance of an enormous stone figure in the Indian Ocean has left more question answers for authorities. US and Australian naval ships..." 

Ben muted the TV, turning around to the four of them. Druig, Makkari and Phastos sat on the sofa, and Aakashi sat on the floor, her head resting on Druig's knees. "You guys did that?"

"I love you so much."

Druig stroked Aakashi's hair as her head lay against his knees, twisting it around his finger carefully every so often. She smiled, reaching her hand up to his that lay on the arm rest, taking it in hers and squeezing it gently.

Phastos ran to the kitchen as Thena conjured another weapon in front of Jack. Makkari sped off to another room to grab her jacket. "I suppose we'd better get ready, huh?" Aakashi lifted herself from the floor, turning around and taking Druig's outstretched hands, pulling him up. 

She turned again to Ben, who stood as well. "I'm gonna miss you, Aakashi." She stepped forward, wrapping her arms around him.

"I'll miss you, too."

"When are you guys leaving, when is that happening? That's happening soon, right?" Aakashi left Ben, following Druig past Thena and Phastos, out the door. 

-

"'Kay, that's far enough, Jack."

"Wow, Dad, the Domo's so cool!" Jack told Phastos, looking over at the sleek, black ship that hovered above the ground. Thena was already making her way towards it.

"Your Dad fixed that with his bare hands."

"Can we go to space too, one day?"

"Let's wait till you get your learner's permit."

Druig stepped forwards, his voice loud over the wind. Aakashi quietened it slightly. "Hey, Phastos. Take care. This world is lucky to have you." He told him, his voice quiet and slightly sentimental.

"Thank you. I know you're not a hugger, so..." He held out his hand, which Druig took, before pulling him into a hug, much to Phastos' surprise.

Aakashi knelt down to Jack's height. "I'm gonna miss you, bud."

"Gonna miss you too." He told her, wrapping his arms around her neck. Druig smiled as she stood back up, turning to hug Phastos too. 

"Communicate as much as possible, 'kay?" He nodded, smiling as she turned to stand beside Druig. He turned to smile at her, Makkari beside him.