xiii

575 B.C.

"Hey. What's up?" Aakashi whispered, swinging into Druig's room on the doorframe.

Druig got up from his bed to wrap his arms around her waist, pulling her into his room. "How was the fight?" He whispered, lightly kissing her neck, just above the collar of her suit. 

"Was good." She breathed, forgetting everything that had just happened. She pulled his head up to face hers, kissing him fondly. Her hands moved to cup his cheeks as he continued to kiss her. "Shouldn't we close the door?" She asked quietly.

"I think it's a bit too late for that." He grinned, gently pushing her away from himself, leaving about two meters distance between them. 

"Hello." Thena turned the corner, entering the room. Aakashi breathed a sigh of relief as she realised that Thena hadn't seen. "I was looking for Druig."

"What's up?" He asked, walking forwards.

"Gilgamesh needs you for something. He's outside." She pointed in the direction of the exit. 

"What for?" 

"Some townspeople saw him punching Kingo into the wall by accident. There's a dent." She smiled slightly. "He doesn't want them to tell Ajak."

"Ah." Druig smiled too, walking into the hallway as Thena moved to the side. "I guess I'd better go." He walked away, and Aakashi went to go to her room.

"Hold on." Thena pressed a hand to her chest, halting her before she could leave. "What were you two doing in here?"

"We were just talking about Ikaris the other day." Aakashi lied, a twinkle in her eyes, earning a nod from Thena.

"I know exactly what you were talking about." She smiled. "I wanted to punch him."