vi

3218 B.C.

"Hey, everybody, we're almost there!" Phastos' loud voice called down the hallways. They were on their way to another settlement that had been attacked twice already. The fighters were all in their rooms, suits on, ready to battle.

Aakashi sat on the edge of her bed, her golden yellow suit on. Her cape was splayed out on the bed. She was brushing her hair, letting it fall around her face like a curtain. "Hey, Druig." She hadn't been looking at the door, but she could hear his footsteps entering her room. 

"You ready?" He asked, taking a seat next to her.

"Almost. I just have to do my hair up." She waved her brush about, smiling.

"Why don't you let me?" He asked, lifting her hair with his forefinger and pushing it behind her ear so he could see her face. 

"You know how to do plaits?" She asked, wide eyed. 

"Mhm." he nodded, shifting slightly as she faced her back to him. He pulled her hair back, his fingers grazing along her neck. 

He started to brush through her hair with his fingers, pulling them into separate parts softly. 

-

"Done." Aakashi ran her hand along the back of her head, feeling the two neat braids. She pulled one to the front of her head, then the other.

"Thanks! These are amazing!" She told him enthusiastically, pulling him into a half hug with one of her arms. 

"No problem. You look beautiful." She blushed, looking him in the eyes. She adored looking at his irises, outbursts of icy blue. 

"Thanks. Again."

"Druig, Aakashi, we're here." Ajak said as she passed the room. She didn't stop, just kept walking down the hall.

"Let's go." Aakashi broke the eye contact, standing up. She left the room hurriedly, hearing Druig follow her down the hallway slowly. 

When she got to the lab, Makkari sped to her side, signing to her. Cool hair. 

Thanks. Druig did it for me.

Makkari raised her eyebrows, side eyeing Druig as he entered the room, a complacent look on his face. Well done, Druig. She signed to him. He nodded in response, smiling.

Aakashi turned her attention to Ajak and Ikaris. He was stood at the front beside her, trying to fill the role of right hand man. Aakashi could see, out of the corner of her eye, Druig and Makkari signing to each other. She rolled her eyes, ignoring them. 

-

"Everyone! Get out of the village!" Aakashi commanded, they stood, fear pinning them to the ground they stood on. "Go on, go!" They refused to move, the picture of the deviant reflecting in their glassy eyes that suddenly flashed gold. Aakashi turned around, smiling at him. His hand was held out lazily as he pulled them to the area past him. "Thanks, Druig." 

He nodded again, winking before watching as she ran towards the deviant. Kingo and Makkari were busy pummelling it towards the cliff. Aakashi moved her arms in a circular motion around her head, forming a towering tornado. She pushed her arms forward, and the tornado followed, towards the deviant. It scrambled on the edge of the cliff before slipping and falling. "You're welcome." She told Kingo, grinning.

"We had that." He assured her, walking to her side. Makkari was already there. 

"Sure, of course." She fake admitted, nudging his shoulder with her own.