+ eleven +

• Dedicated to ✧ you ✧

+ ELEVEN +

A week passed by and Violet took every opportunity to avoid Michael as best as she could. She left earlier than usual to go to work, took different routes; anything so she wouldn’t have to face him. And maybe to some that seems a little extreme but the truth was she was hurt and she felt like she hadn’t seen him in years, even if it had in reality only been a week. Michael felt and looked like a zombie, to say the least. He’d barely been sleeping or eating. He had tried sending her multiple texts, left voicemails and even letters, but Violet really didn’t want any part of it anymore and that is what hurt him the most.

They both missed each other dearly deep down, but for one reason or another, things just weren’t clearing up the way they hoped yet. It was seven o’clock on a Saturday morning and it was reasonable weather, not hot and not cold but Violet still felt the need to wear an oversized, warm sweater and leggings regardless. She collected her bag from her coat hanger and fumbled the creaky old door open and closed it behind her before finding none other than Michael doing the same. He looked as if he hadn’t shaven all week, which given the circumstances he probably hadn’t. He wore his signature black skinny jeans, a grey v-neck shirt and some worn in black vans and even though he didn’t look ‘his best’ he still managed to look impeccable to Violet.

He looked up at her immediately, taking in what he hadn't seen for the first time in a week (for the first time in foreverrrrrr), a shy smile automatically forming. “Hey,” he breathed out nervously, just looking at her.

“Michael.” She nodded promptly, taking a step forward causing him to quickly stand in front of her.

“Where are you going?” He asked, nervously chewing the inside of his cheeks.  She ran a hand through her dark brown hair, avoiding his gaze before replying.

“Well I was just going for a walk—“She started, but he cut her off quickly, smiling.

“Cool, I’ll come with. We can grab a coffee on the way.” He insisted, regardless of her protests to just be left alone. 

✧ ✦ ✧

The first ten minutes they just sat in silence at the table, with their coffees, the occasional sipping sound being heard. It was an awkward, sad kind of silence, the kind that you don’t want to contribute to but you don’t want to try and fix it either, even if it is killing you inside. Surprisingly though, Violet was the first to speak. She ran a hand through the front of her hair, exhaling before looking Michael directly in his green eyes. “What is she like?” She asked the question so calmly and curiously it startled him a little.

“What’s who like?” He retorted, taking a sip of his coffee precariously. She rolled her eyes in response, shaking her head.

“You know who I’m talking about. What’s your girlfriend like, Michael?”

“She – I don’t really want to talk about it.” Michael was beginning to get fidgety, not that Violet noticed at all, all she wanted was an answer. So she proceeded.

“Oh c’mon Michael,” She raised her voice slightly; enough to earn a few looks from the fellow customers around the small Café and make Michael wince. “Did she start to get boring after a while? Not as fun? Became distant?”  She said every word so mockingly it made Michael’s stomach churn and he could feel the tears pricking at the back of his sleep-deprived eyes.

“Violet please just stop.” He pleaded.

“No c’mon Michael what hell was it? You couldn’t commit?  Or oh let me guess, she wouldn’t give you a risqué hand job under the dinner table at her parents’ house so y –“

“Goddammit no Violet she died! Okay she diedJesus Christ,” he screamed, sighing at the end, tears welling up in his eyes before holding his head in his hands, sobbing softly. They sat there, Michael continuing to cry shamelessly while Violet was just shocked, sitting there with both her hands clasped over her mouth, and the occasional shaking of her head in denial.

“Michael I’m… I didn’t…” She stammered, breaking the somewhat silence, placing her hand on his but he shook her off quickly, shaking his head.

He stood up from the booth and took one last look at Violet before leaving,  whispering, his voice cracking. “I’m sorry.”

cliFfhangerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr whoop there it is'

okay guys i know i suck omg i know trust me 

butttttttttttttt i've really missed this story and i hate 

myself for wanting to end it bc writers block like

seriously

soo i'm going to do this story as much justice as i can ok

anyway love you guys lotss