+ nine +

+ nine +

To say Violet felt betrayed would be an immense understatement. She couldn't wrap her head around the fact that Michael had been lying to her this whole time. Here she was finally accepting the fact she was in love with him only to find out he had been lying to her? Did he mean it when he had said she was special to him? Did he even like her at all? For all she knew, it could've all been some plot to just get in bed with her. The thought made her stomach churn and she soon felt infuriated that she had let him get this far.

He had torn down walls that Violet never would have imagined anyone would; yet he did. She had spent every day waiting for the stars to twinkle against the dark sky, the moon shining fluorescently so that she could face him again. He had become her favourite; something she could look forward to every single day but that had all changed the second her eyes fell upon that screen.

Her heart had shattered into millions of tiny pieces, she felt as if someone had just pushed a knife straight through her. "I'm an idiot, such an idiot," she mumbled to herself endless times, holding her head in her hands as she let out a soft cry.

"Vi? What's the m-" The boy muttered, tiredly rubbing at his eyes with a free hand, the one which happened to not be planted underneath Violet's waist but she quickly cut him off, finally moving off the bed briskly.

"Don't talk to me! I don't want you to ever speak to me again!" She yelled at him making him jump a little, hurt evident in her soft brown eyes.

" Violet what're you talking about? And hey keep your voice down, what time even is it like," He leant over to grasp his phone in order to answer his own question, but his attention was quickly tainted as his eyes landed on a notification saying the alarm had been snoozed, a lump immediately formed in his throat. "No Violet I can explain--"

"Then explain," She replied, tears painfully pricking the back of her eyes. This took him by surprise, he now sat up, and his mind raced at the thought of losing her; it couldn't happen, he couldn't let it happen.

"Explain!" She cried loudly causing him to wince, this was a side to her he never thought he would see and he couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt surge through him. Michael opened his mouth various times to speak, but the words just wouldn't come out. A single tear rolled down his cheek.

"At least tell me this; why were you even up that night?" She whispered softly, her head hung low, her gaze mainly focused on the ground.

"Well, my ex-girlfriend had broken up with me a week earlier and I had felt so useless and lonely, I just couldn't get to sleep," He breathed out, running a hand through his hair. Violet felt her breath get caught in her throat. His ex-girlfriend? He didn't even seem the slightest bit fazed by his statement, and that made Violet feel a whole lot worse about the current situation.

"You've never mentioned anything about a girlfriend?" She questioned confused, looking up at him for the first time in minutes. His cheeks remained tear stained - a site she never thought she would see.

"Well I didn't feel like it needed to be addressed Vi, you're not my girlfriend or anything you're just my next-door neighbour," He said, the words rolling off of his tongue before he had a chance to process them. Her expression dropped further, if that was even possible. "Wait no I didn't mean it like that!" He groaned, irritated with himself for screwing everything up.

"What did you mean then?" She replied, pursing her lips together, trying to contain her emotions for just one moment longer. She was this close to exiting his apartment so she could crawl up in the fetal position in her own bed, with some intense Linkin Park blaring from her speakers to muffle the sound of her sobbing.

Because at this point all she wanted was to be alone, everything Michael was saying to her made her heart ache and break. And suddenly she wished she had never seen that stupid alarm in the first place, at least then none of this would have happened.

++

I UPDATED LOVE ME

okay so here's the deal i am actually really not liking how this story is going idk

like i feel like i'm a really boring author idk

please tell me if you guys enjoy this like i would reallyyy apreciate it

on the plUS SIDE look at mikey in the gif what is this i cry :-( sdhbjs

pEace out girl scOuts