+ four +

four

++

She wiped the bed of sweat that had formed at her forehead with the back of her hand and sighed as she looked over at the time; still another hour to go. She wiped her sweaty hands on her apron, the thought of having to wait more tables making her want to cry. She brought her hands up to her dark hair, her fingers weaving through the pieces that had fallen over her face before securing it in a loose pony tail. Violet huffed once more before turning on her heel and making her way to the table of boys that had just called for her.

“Hi what can I get you?” She asked, her voice coming out squeakier than intended. The boys ordered what they wanted with her scribbling away on her little notepad.

“Can I get you anything else?” She asked once more, and one boy nodded, his shaggy black hair bouncing a little.

“Not unless you’re on the menu.” He mumbled, but she shook her head, she thought perhaps she was just hearing things. She had a tendency to do that, hear things, sometimes she would even hear her cat speaking to her, but she came to the conclusion that she was absolutely looney, but she gave herself some sympathy, for she was lonelier than the moon. She served a few more tables and when she looked at the wooden cuckoo clock that hung on the wall that read the time, 3:00pm she almost leapt out of her skin in excitement. The girl hurried to the hook, hung up her apron and pushed open the door, the fresh afternoon air hitting her like a bus.

Violet despised buses, she hated the feeling of having to sit in a seat which has been sat in by more than a thousand different people. Just the thought made the ham and cheese sandwich she had for lunch come up, making her swallow it back down, a disgusting after-taste filling her mouth. She scrunched up her face a little, her button nose crinkling in the process. She stood up for the first five minutes of the ride, but the bus driver seemed to be in some kind of a frenzy and was going at an unnatural speed, making the bus rock from side to side violently. So she decided it would be best to take the seat next to her. Just as she sat down, the bus came to halt, her face hitting the window loudly.  A loud groan escaped her chapped lips as she brought a dainty hand to her head, praying that a bruise wouldn’t form.

A few people boarded the bus, quietly shuffling into a seat before the bus driver would drive off abruptly. Violet slinked her head further into the head rest, her neck aching as she did so. Her brown eyes fell upon a boy her age swiping his card at the front, his blond hair tousled on his head, wet hair clung to his forehead and she wondered why, her eyebrows furrowed together when she looked out the bus window; she didn’t even notice the rain that had started pouring outside. The boy stuffed his rather large hands in his pockets as he continued walking toward the back of the bus but he stopped, a small smile tugging at his lips when he saw her.

“Hello stranger.” He said, the smile never leaving his lips as he took the seat next to her.

“Hi Michael.” She said quietly, trying to hide the hint of embarrassment that had crept up on her cheeks, she wondered why she was suddenly so nervous.

“I didn’t think I’d see you here, to be honest.” He said to the girl and she nodded, a smile playing over her face.

“I could say the same to you.” She replied, making him laugh.

“Well, I thought I’d walk to work today, you know something different for a change.” He explained, running a hand through his damp hair. She nodded, because she did know, she knew what it was like to want a change, heck, she wanted it herself; for she was tired, life had felt more like routine to her than anything else.

“Did you have a good day at work?” He asked her and she stifled a laugh.

“Is work that bad?” He nodded before he asked, stuffing his hands back into his pockets. She didn’t need to think about it, work wasn’t ‘horrible’ it was just boring more than anything, she wasn’t getting paid for much, yet she would never quit.

“Oh it’s not,” She replied, biting her lip, her fingers starting to stiffen. “it’s just boring, but it’s something to do, I mean, I don’t even need the money, I just don’t want to be stuck at home all day. Does that make any sense?” She sighed, staring at those glimmery green eyes and he nodded, his mouth curling into a smile as he noticed how cute she looked when she rambled.

“It makes perfect sense Vi.” He answered, offering her a small smile and she felt her heart melt a little at how perfect his smile was, she loved how plump and red his lips was, and if she was honest with herself, she really wished they were on hers.

He was surprised at how right it felt when her name would just roll off of his tongue, and he liked it, very much.

 [don't forget to vote and comment]

authors note ✪

woo new chapter

this ones a lot longer than the others

i hope you liked this

i'm sorry for the long gaps between updates, i've been incredibly stressed and my life just hasn't been the best

i worked on this chapter for a long time so i hope you enjoyed

and if you didn't well you can take 69845485654 steps back bye