13

Jahriaye Aka Yani bestie Ocala Fl📍3:00p

Ocala Fl📍
3:00p.m

"Lock the doe I'll be back call me if y'all need anything" I heard the front door close causing me to jump up and go into my mama room since I heard her crying after the big argument I heard her and my step dad having.

"Ma you good you okay" she was looking downward as tears trickled down her face falling onto her lap. I went on the other side of the bed pulling her into a hug.

"I'm sorry mama" I felt my eyes getting teary but I wouldn't let my tears fall because I felt as though I had to be strong for her.

"It's not yo fault baby" she looked at me and I saw her whole eye was black NOT one of em but both of em. I felt a sharp pain in my chest...this type of pain I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

"MA why you didn't scream or some I would've came look at yo face" I grabbed her face examining it. This was disgusting.

"I don't want you getting in between my mess Jahriaye I couldn't bare the guilt If something happened to you because of me"

"We gotta go ma YOU gone STAY with him you can't stay he gone kill you and I ain't letting that happen" she looked at me with such heavy eyes that told it all.

"I love him jahri he's going to get better he told me he's gonna stop" I looked at her in disbelief. I never felt like I lost so much respect for someone day by day.

"WHEN BY THEN ITS GONE BE TOO LATE-" she stood up with her fist balled up about to swing but I hopped off the bed and ducked.

"IM STILL YO MAMA don't raise yo voice at me now go to yo room and let me get myself together I'm having company in a few you can leave or stay and hang with us"

My shoulders went limp as I walked out her room with so much on my chest. Truth is my heart was telling me to leave this house and go stay with my nana but I didn't want to leave her here with him alone. I was afraid he was going to kill her and I would not be able to stomach that.

Walking around with this secret was already a lot for me but when you have threats being thrown your way it's hard to speak out. My mom met Marvin when I was six when my father went to prison and at first he was the best second dad I could ever ask for. Marvin would do anything for me even now I knew he would still do anything for me but the beating just got out of control. The abuse was something I knew would end badly and I knew I would have to step in soon I just didn't know when.....

I walked in my room grabbing me some clothes because I was staying over Yani house for the rest of the week. Kehyani and me became best friends in the second grade and ever since then we been close I'll do anything for my woe.

After I grabbed everything I needed I grabbed my keys and walked to the door. "IM gone ma" I hollered then I closed the door. My daddy bought me a baby blue Hyundai sonata 2013 when I was sixteen he left money with my grandma in order to do that.

I hooked up my Bluetooth and start playing god favored me by hezekiah walker. This song got me through so many battles I had to fight on my own. When I tell y'all god is real I can't stress that enough.

"Love is patient, caring. Love is kind. Love is felt most when it's genuine, but I've had my share of love abused, manipulated and it's strength misused, and I can't help but give you glory"

"Amen I felt that one hezekiah you better walk me"

Before I go over Yani's house I was definitely gonna go chill with my granny and try to fill me out some applications just because.

~

"Chile Betty Mae walked in the church with that hat on looking like she got it straight from the thrift shop"

"Now why she do that SHE know you win the hat competition every year not she tryna out do the out doer"

"Hmmph who you telling I told her grand daughter you better get cha grandma foe I have to do something to her" this lady was hilarious. She was definitely somebody who could turn your day from a sad one to a happy one.

"Nie why you told that girl that" I got up going in the kitchen grabbing me a water bottle and some motts.

"Because she looked like she picked the hat out im not lying jahri she almost brought the craziness out of me" she got up walking to her room.

"YOU talk to my daddy grandma cause he haven't called me in like a MONTH"

"LAST time I heard he was on locked down but he should be out this week ima have to call up there hea " she handed me five hundred dollars.

"No grandma I don't need it" she hit me with the fan she always carrying.

"Girl here take this money how your mama doing I been callin her she hasn't been answering she acting funny ?" Mhmm funny acting with everybody but the right person.

"She been working a lot I barley see ha who been keeping you company they say earl from church"

"GIRL earl can kiss my tail I'm not checking for nun of them I'm living for god my husband is not in the church I believe he homeless" shoot who knows how god plans work ? No one.

"You probably right god works in mysterious ways you know I been reading my Bible a lot more lately"

"That's good what's yo favorite scripture so far "

"I'm in love with the whole Philippians book my favorite is Philippians chapter 4 verse six Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

"Yes ma'am I love that one also"

"I love you nana don't you ever forget that AT all and next time you go on a date I better be the one you call to help you get dressed"