Chapter 14:~Poison~ (Part 2)

Emersion tended to Elora's fever and started healing her while Charline started making a potion against the poison.
Thranduil sat by his daughter's side when Charline gave Elora the potion. "She should wake up soon,"

Some while later, Elora woke up in the infirmary bed, Thranduil gently stroking his daughter's forehead. "Adar...," She whispered weakly. Gandalf smiled, "You gave us quite a scare, young Light elf," And Elora started sitting up in the bed when Thranduil stopped her. "No, lay down," The Elven King told his daughter, "You're still very weak," And Elora smiled weakly at her father and laid down on the pillow. Legolas smiled at his sister and Emersion entered the room.
"Elora, the guards has searched everywhere. There's no clue of who's behind the poisoning of you," He explained. Elora sighed, "I fear I know who may be behind it. But I wonder why she in that case did it,"
And Aragorn looked at her confused, "Who?," Callon sighed, "Elora has a Western in her household. I would never betray Elora for The Westerns. Elora, I told you it was a bad idea to hire her as your close servant, but you insisted. You're my Queen, so I couldn't say anything against you. But she's not in her family's influence. She's married to someone else in The Kingdom," Elora sighed, "I'm sorry, Callon. I should have listened to you," And Callon smiled, "There's nothing to apologise for, mellon nín. You did what you thought was right," Thranduil sighed, "Seems like we need to have a talk with this servant,"

~Two days later~

Elora sat in her office, her husband, father, Legolas, the others and Emersion by her side. And Jane Western entered the office. "How are you, Your Majesty? You must be feeling overwhelmed. Recovering from being poisoned and caring for your infant daughter," Elladan glanced at his wife. "Yes, it seems like I must weather every consumable storm at once," Elora answered slowly. Jane swallowed, "I'm told Gideon North will return soon. What will you do when he gets here?," And Elora looked up. "What do you think I should do?," Elora asked and drank some of her tea. Jane swallowed, "If it were me. If someone tried to poison me... I would want to avenge him," And Elora smiled, "Jane, would you help me take vengeance?," Jane smiled, "Of course. If my Queen commands it. There's nothing I wouldn't do for you, Elora," And Elora looked up at her, "Really?," And she put her tea cup away, "You would do that? Kill someone and ask nothing in return? How selfless of you," And Jane looked at her confused, "Perhaps I misspoke?," And Elora stood up, "You know, my artist Callon gave me some good advice. Everyone wants something from me. Anyone claiming otherwise is a liar," And she left her desk. "I don't understand," Jane began. "I had you fallowed home, Jane," Elora began, "Last night and the night before. It seems like your husband has still not returned and you're all alone at home, caring for all your children and paperwork... As if to keep your husband's absence a secret," And Jane swallowed nervously, "Your Majesty. You misunderstand. He's away in another town of The Light Kingdom. I'm alone with our children until he gets back," And Elora smiled suspiciously, "Look how terrified you are," And she began circling her, "Have someone taken him? In an effort to silence you?," "Elora, please," Jane began. "Who are you working for!?," Elora questioned, "Is it your family, The Westerns? It wouldn't be the first innocent family member they have coverst into reason. SPEAK!," And Jane swallowed. "While there's still mercy in my heart! So help me!," Elora finished. And Jane turned to her, "Elora! Please... You mustn't let suspicion and fear blind you. I am your friend. I'm the only friend of my family you will ever have," And Elora smiled, "It's alright, Jane," And she put a hand on her shoulder, "You don't have to answer me," And she walked over to the double doors to her office and opened them, "But you do have answer my interrogators," And Jane swallowed. "Take her to the dungeons," Elora ordered. "Elora, please... No!," Jane begged and the guards took her away.

~Some day later~

"Western jewellery! Western design! Western fabric!," Elora began and turned to Jane, "All found at your home given by your viper family, The Westerns! As payment for poisoning me! Admit it!," Elladan sighed and Thranduil glanced at his daughter. Jane looked at her angrily, "I'll hang anyway, I won't die! But that's not good enough for you! You want to hear it! You want it to your liking and nothing else would do! You Light Elves!," "You really hate us," Elora swallowed. "My ancestor worked for Dior, the first Light elf, father of Aranel The Magnificent and Pharom Starlight," Jane began, "And when he didn't polish your great ancestors ring to his liking, The King sawed off his finger with a butterknife! He was sent home, his veins turned black, and he screamed in two full days until he died!," "I never hurt you...," Elora began, "My husband and I never hurt you! I didn't deserve to be poisoned! I'm sorry your family put you up to this...," "No! You're not!," Jane protested, "You like vengeance with my family! You like seeing me as your servant! I dress you, give you your every need! But what do you know of us? Of the undeserving losses we suffer all the time!," And Elora grabbed her spire. "We suffer...!," Jane continued when suddenly, Elora hit her with the spire in the head. "I do not require a lesson in suffering from your family after what you've done to mine!," And Jane fell to the floor dead and Elora swallowed.
—————
This was the last chapter of The Return Of Shadows! Next book is coming soon!