CHAPTER ONE: RISK.

*note: this fanfiction begins after sam agrees to invite kyle to her house. it's already established that kyle and sam go to the same school and live in the sam neighborhood. its around early october.*

sam closed her laptop with shaking hands. she wasn't sure if inviting kyle to her house to go see eteled was a good idea. after all, it wasn't hidden that kyle hated him and wanted to destroy the wii. the girl looked over at the wii screen where a bald mii was standing with an uncomfortable look on his face.

"sam.. you didn't just invite kyle over, right? you know he hates me," he said.

"well i don't know! maybe he wants to apologize. i'll make sure he doesn't do anything to the wii or you, okay? plus, i need him if we're ever gonna figure out anything about this wii."

sam moved around the room and removed any objects that could be used to smash the wii. she pushed her bed over past the wii, and divided the room into two using some other furniture to make a barrier. eteled, the mii on screen, watched her move everything. by the time she was done, she heard the doorbell ring.

"oh. eteled- that's probably kyle. i promise he won't do anything, alright?" she assured him in a calm tone as she headed towards the door of her room.

"...if you say so," eteled said softly.

sam made her way down the hall to the front door. she began tying her white hair in a messy bun, and flattened out her pink sweater she had been wearing. sam took a breath before unlocking and opening the door. there stood kyle, as expected. he looked around a year older than sam, and was much taller. she hadn't noticed before, but he had two different colored eyes. the left was brown and the right was green.

she had to look up to meet his eyes. he took a step in her house before sam flung her arms out to the side, stopping him.

"nope. i don't trust you. let me make sure you don't have anything in your pockets that you could use as a weapon."

kyle moved his strawberry-brown hair out of his eyes and sighed dramatically.

"i hate eteled and all, but i'm not that hellbent on killing him, you know. i'd just like to check up on the little guy, see how he's fairing in the 8 or so years he's been in there."

"likely story," sam muttered as kyle emptied out his pockets.

he was only wearing a t-shirt and jeans, so it didn't take long. once she had deemed him acceptable, she escorted him to her room. sam immediately made kyle move to the left side of the room barrier, which didn't have access to the wii.

"you stay there. and don't move," she ordered him.

eteled eyed kyle from across the room and he glared back, making eteled look down at the floor of the mii channel.

the mii cleared its voice as said,

"so kyle. nice to see you back after all these years, eh?"

as it spoke the mii channel's color palette seemed to darken into a soft gray.

"don't talk to me all friendly like. don't you dare try to be funny about this either," kyle immediately snapped back at the mii.

"hey- let's not start fighting now," sam said nervously, "kyle, what do you remember about eteled here?"

"well, i remember me being freaked out by him as a kid and deleting him. and i also happen to remember the little funny dose of childhood trauma he gave me by VIOLENTLY MURDERING MY MII."

"so you think i'm a murderer?" eteled asked in a frustrated tone.

"yes. what else is there to think of you?"

"did you ever think i did that because i knew how to handle the situation? tell me kyle, do you think you could possibly comprehend the pain you caused me just because you thought i looked 'creepy'?" it snarled at him.

"boo hoo, poor little you. whatever pain i quote on quote 'caused you' is nothing compared to the permanent damage you did to me with that little stunt of yours," kyle retorted with an angry look on his face.

"after all that, did you even learn not to delete miis?" eteled said angrily.

kyle almost burst out laughing, but he held in it. he smirked at eteled, who was getting more angry by the second. the signature pupil-widening included. sam was watching helplessly, staring kyle down with an angry look while he smirked.

"'did i learn that i'm not supposed to delete miis?' is that what you just said? let me make myself clear, eteled," he sneered, "i don't give a shit what these 'miis' feel. now, i still feel bad when i delete them, don't get me wrong. but that didn't stop me from doing it. in fact, you saying that makes me want to delete miis on purpose."

the mii channel almost went pitch black after kyle finished his response. the whites of eteled's eyes were barely visible at this point, as his pupils had expanded so much in his anger.

sam wanted to say something to make kyle leave, but she didn't think it was much of a good time. plus, she couldn't even speak. there was something about this situation that prevented her from even talking,

"i think i broke the little guy," kyle said, looking back at sam.

she finally spoke after what seemed like forever.

"do you think this is funny!? i knew you were gonna be a dick but i didn't think you'd be like this! you didn't even help me in any way!"

"sam, it's fine," eteled unexpectedly spoke.

kyle turned his attention back to the screen, which had brightened up enough to show eteled again.

kyle took a deep breath and sighed.

"look eteled- i'm sorry and all. i just.. i don't know. it's been hard, okay? i didn't really mean what i said, and i'm not sure if i'm ready to be calm about all this, alright? can you just give me an apology? just one?"

the mii channel faded to a brighter gray and eteled's pupils went back to normal. he looked slightly remorseful.

eteled looked down at the floor, thinking over the past few years. was permanently traumatizing a child and his friend who didn't know any better fair for what they had done? not really.

the mii looked back towards kyle.

"sorry. i really shouldn't have put you and your friend through that."

"thank you," kyle sighed, his face slowly changing into a small smile.

"sam, can i have the wii remote? i swear to god i won't delete eteled, i promise. you can stand by the cord and unplug it if i try anything, okay?"

"what are you going to do?"

"there's still one more person eteled needs to apologize to."

----

words: 1128