CHAPTER TWO: SOMEONE FAMILIAR

sam reluctantly handed over the wii remote to kyle. she quickly found the wii cord and held it in her palm, ready to unplug it at a moment's notice. kyle pointed the wii remote at the screen and pointed the cursor over to the left, towards the new mii button.

he pressed a on the controller and opened up to the mii creator.

"i'm gonna try and remake kyle here," he said to sam, who wasn't really listening.

most of the customization options were completely grayed out, meaning they were inaccessible.

i don't remember the mii channel having unlockable options, kyle thought. then he noticed that the only options that were available were the same ones that his old mii wore. he easily made his way through each of the tabs, recreating his mii from years ago perfectly.

kyle came to the final tab, the one where you name your mii and choose their gender, favorite color, and birthdate, along with other settings. kyle didn't remember the tab order well enough, because this tab was always first, and yet on sam's wii it was last.

the mingle setting was automatically turned to off, and kyle couldn't change it. he set the birthdate to his own, the favorite color to orange, and made the mii a favorite. kyle named the mii 'kyle two.'

he selected his own name in the mii creator, since it had already been saved from all those years ago. kyle hovered the cursor over to the quit button, which didn't prompt him to quit and save as per usual. instead, the mii was automatically created.

kyle two was thrown down from the skies and onto the mii plaza, where it bounced a few feet before standing up. eteled turned to look at it, as his coding forced him to. another, more robotic looking mii flickered in the channel for a second before disappearing.

kyle two stared at eteled, almost as if it was reading his face.

"okay eteled, apologize to him," kyle said, handing back the wii remote to sam, who had missed all the anomalies since she was behind the tv.

"oh, you made another kyle. nice," sam spoke.

eteled seemed unnerved by the mii's presence, backing away from it.

a voice spoke from the tv, one that was not eteled's. it sounded like a younger version of kyle.

"did you miss me?" it asked.

"naw. no, no. delete that mii right now," eteled ordered, "there's no way in hell i'm staying with this thing. nope."

kyle and sam both stood there in shock. this mii was not supposed to be able to talk.

"kyle. hey! why is it talking? why does it sound like you? what did you do?" sam questioned with a nervous smile on her face.

"i didn't do anything to the mii. i have no clue why it's talking right now."

kyle two walked towards eteled with a blank smile on its face. eteled kept backing up, until both miis were off screen.

"do something sam! i wanna see what they're doing. try and press that whistle icon," kyle suggested.

she pressed it and the two miis came running into a neat line. except, a third one followed them as well. its animation was glitching out, and looked very out of place. the new mii's face was simply a box with a red prohibition symbol on it. the rest of its body was robotic, and very tall.

the mii started heavily glitching when it went into place. sam looked harder at its body, which looked like crudely modelled armour. the figure towered over the other miis. eteled started shaking but couldn't move due to the code.

"UN-WHISTLE US! RIGHT NOW SAM! RIGHT NOW OR I SWEAR-!"

"hEnRy.." the strange mii growled, its voice glitching, "i SeE yOu'Ve MaDe MaNy NeW fRiEnDs WiThOuT mE."

sam pointed the wii remote towards the whistle icon, but the pointer didn't appear.

"the sensor bar won't work! kyle, shut the wii off! NOW!" she barked at him.

"aNd Is ThIs ThE mIi YoU kIlLeD yEaRs AgO? i'M sUrE iT's hApPy To SeE yOu!" it went on, its sweet voice echoing through the speakers of the tv.

kyle bent down to pull the wii out further so he could power it off, but the wii was burning hot.

"OW! FUCK! WHY IS THE WII SO HOT!?" he yelled in pain.

"aWh, LeAvInG sO sOoN?" it cooed.

"dOn'T wOrRy, I'Ll Be BaCk AgAiN sOoN tO sEe My FrIeNd HeNrY! oR sHoUlD i SaY eTeLeD?"

kyle pulled his sleeves over his hands and grabbed the wii out, spamming the power button until the music cut off. the tv screen went blue, and in the upper left hand corner read HDMI-2.

kyle got up and stood next to sam. sam and kyle watched the words change to 'SEE YOU SOON.'

he walked over to the side of the tv and pressed the power button.

"i think...i think- i think we should just keep it off for the night," sam stuttered.

"agreed."

---

words: 836