CHAPTER TEN: ATTEMPT

when kyle had turned around both the tv and the wii, the inhabitants actually couldn't see sam's room anymore.

so they were left to stare at a wall. all of them could still hear, but when nobody was talking outside it wasn't very useful.

kyle two stared at the empty wall that the screen was displaying.

"maybe he'll turn the wii back on?" it said to henry.

"after that? no."

"he knows i didn't mean that. i didn't want to make him upset..."

"well you did. doesn't matter if you wanted to or not," henry said, matter-of-factly.

"now i feel bad. thanks a lot," kyle two huffed.

"i'd be more scared of what he's about to do with us. i mean, you saying all that and him leaving without a word. silence is never good."

"he hates you. not me."

"eh, maybe he did like, two minutes ago. but he does now."

kyle two shifted his weight uncomfortably.

"you know what? it doesn't matter. we're fine."

henry shrugged and sat down on the ground. kyle two looked at him, remorseful.

"god, i wish i could just... get out of this wii. apologize to him, or something," it said.

"speaking of which, don't you think it's time we've actually talked about getting out of here?" he asked kyle two.

"..what?" it responded, turning its head towards henry.

"austin and i have been stuck in this wii for god-knows-how-long. we need to leave. we're spirits, aren't we? why couldn't we possess other objects?"

"what are you implying? you're not talking about kyle and sam, right?" the mii asked with uneasiness to its voice.

"no," henry slowly said, "like, what if we went for a phone, or something? a robotic toy?"

"have you ever tried possessing something? how do you know you even could?"

"austin said with enough electricity we could probably move between devices."

"you two have been talking about this? for how long?" kyle two questioned.

"calm down. it's not so unnatural to want a change of scenery after all these years."

"you wouldn't go for kyle and sam, right?"

"why are you so stuck on that idea?"

"two gullible kids, two spirits. that's way too easy of a way to escape the wii."

"wouldn't they have to die for us to possess them?"

"probably? don't ask me. and plus, i'm not a ghost. i couldn't get out of this wii if i wanted to."

henry stared ahead, thinking for a bit.

"whatever. you don't have to help us. just don't get in our way once we try."

"i can't ruin something that won't work to begin with. but you two can try, if you really think it's gonna work."

"what other choice do we have?" a different voice said behind the two.

austin had appeared behind henry and looked irritated.

"i guess it would be pretty boring to stay in a wii all this time."