Goodbye

Dean started to wake the next morning feeling a warmth from his side. He stayed still, cautious. He carefully opened his eyes and looked to his side. Dean had shifted in his sleep, now laying on his back, and pressed against his side was Sam. Sam wasn't laying on him, but he was curled up, snuggled against Deans side. Dean couldn't help the small smile on his face. Sam seemed comfortable with him. He seemed to trust him. He felt bad remembering how Sam flinched when he tried touching him, and raised his voice, but now he knew why, and he wouldn't do it again. He stayed like that for a while, just watching Sam. He then carefully shifted to sit up, carefully getting out of bed. He covered Sam up and headed to the bathroom to take a quick shower. He hoped Sam wouldn't want to go back to his abusive boyfriend. he tried hard to talk sense into Sam, but Sam seemed so defensive about him. Dean hated it, hated what the evil son of a bitch had done to Sam. He finished his shower, drying off and wrapping a towel around himself before walking back into the other room.

Dean stopped in his tracks seeing Sam awake and sitting on the bed. "Oh, uh.. hey." Dean said. He could see Sam blush slightly as he looked Dean over quickly. "I thought you'd still be sleeping, didn't take my clothes with me." Dean said, going over to his bag to grab some clean clothes. "It's ok. You mind if I shower?" Sam asked. "Not at all, feel free to use it." Dean told him. "Thanks. Uh.. do you mind if I maybe.. borrow a shirt or something?" Sam asked a bit hesitantly. Dean chuckled. "It's fine Sam." Dean said grabbing a shirt and handing it to him. "Thanks." Sam smiled, heading to the bathroom. "Don't thank me. That's my favorite shirt, I want it back." Dean called out after him. Sam smiled and went into the bathroom. Dean smiled once Sam shut the door. He silently hoped it would work out in his favor.

Once Sam finished showering and Dean cleaned up the motel room a bit, gathering papers and files to give back to the police, he put his boots on. "Going somewhere?" Sam asked, glancing at him from the bed. "Well in case you haven't noticed it'll be lunchtime soon and I don't have any food in here. I'm just gonna run out and grab us something to eat." Dean said grabbing his keys. "Thanks.." Sam said smiling, Dean wished it would've stopped there. "..but why don't you just drop me off at my place? Zeke is probably worried and it looks like you have your.. fake case to wrap up." He said. Dean tried not to let his disappointment show. "No man come on, I'll be back in like a half hour." Dean said. This wasn't going as planned. Sam shook his head. "Dean I need to go back home." Sam said standing from the bed. Dean took a deep breath. "Sam.." He said softly. "Dean." Sam cut him off. "Please, take me home. I'm still tired and I have to call the bar and let them know what happened.. well.. some of it anyway. I have a life and a job. I have to go." Sam told him. Dean looked at him for a moment. He couldn't change Sams mind. He was stubborn and set in his ways. Dean hated that. "Yeah.. yeah ok." Dean said quietly. "Just give me your address and we can head out." Sam smiled and nodded, gathering up his clothes and following Dean outside. Dean hated this.

Dean drove them straight to Sams house. Sam insisted that he wasn't hungry and just wanted to be back home. Dean pulled into the driveway. The house was small but in decent shape. Dean didn't see another car in the driveway. "Looks like nobodies home." Dean said. "It's fine. He'll probably be back soon." Sam said moving to get out of the car, Dean frowned slightly. Was this really it? Sam was going to get out and Dean wouldn't ever see him again. "You sure you're ok?" Dean asked as Sam got out of his car. "You'll need to have those stitches taken out, and you need to be careful with your head." Sam nodded. "I'm sure. I'll be fine." Sam told him. "Thanks for the ride. Oh wait, I still have your shirt on." He said. "Keep it. It looks better on you anyway." Dean told him. Sam smiled slightly, he nodded and looked down, playing with the hem of his now new shirt. Dean felt like Sam wanted to say more, ask more, but he wasn't. Dean still wouldn't push. "Thanks." Sam said quietly. "Don't mention it." Dean said. Sam gave him a small smile, then turned and went to the front door of his house. Dean sat in the car for a moment. Just dumfounded. After everything Sam was still going back to Zeke. There wasn't much he could do at this point. Dean sighed and with one last look at the house, pulled away and headed to the motel.