Thank you

Sam and Dean slept well into the day. The sun was already high in the sky when Dean started to wake. He could feel hot breath on his chest, warmth beside him. He slowly opened his eyes. Sam was still laying, facing Dean, but was curled up. Pressed against deans chest as he slept. Dean smiled softly as he looked down at Sam. His heart still broke for him. He wanted to kill Zeke. Wanted to make him pay for probably years of hurting Sam. But he couldn't leave Sams side. Not yet. He stayed like this. Just laying there with Sam. About another half hour later Sam started to shift. Slowly waking. "Good morning." Dean said softly. He felt Sam tense, even his breathing stopped. "Hey, it's just me remember? You're at the motel." Dean said, not wanting Sam to freak out. It did the trick, Sam relaxed against Dean. "Yeah.. yeah I remember." Sam said softly. Dean smiled softly, shifting to sit up, stretching a bit. "I think it's kinda passed morning though.." Dean said grabbing his phone to check it, it was almost one in the afternoon. Sam chuckled softly. "Sorry. I don't remember the last time I slept in this late." He admitted, not moving to sit up yet. Dean nodded. "That's ok." Dean told him. He didn't want to bring up the situation but he couldn't help but ask. He needed to know. "Sam.. what happened? Why did you come get a room?" Dean asked softly. Sam avoided looking at him. Dean knew it was soon, but he wanted to know.

"I know it's probably hard to talk about, and I really don't want to pry, but I need to know if you're hurt." Dean told him. Sam sighed softly, playing with the sheets. He was quiet for a moment. Dean was about to talk again but Sam spoke softly. "Everything was good for a few weeks.. he never touched me. He was nice, sweet. I honestly thought he was better, I was happy." Sam said softly. "But.." Dean said softly, knowing there was a lot more. "But... Things went back to how they used to be. He.. he started getting angry at me, for no reason. And he started drinking again. And.. he did hit me a few times, but always apologized for it." Sam said. Dean was pissed, it took this happening multiple times again for Sam to get away. "But then last night.. things got bad." Sam mumbled, Dean frowned. "How bad?" Dean asked. Sam shook his head, not saying anything again. "Sam please." Dean said softly. Sam was quiet for another moment. "He yelled at me.. a lot. Screamed at me for a half hour, and then got physical. He shoved me around the house, against walls and the stairs.. then I got up to our room, he was still yelling, he shoved me back against the dresser. My back hurt bad, I was on the ground and he.. he threatened me." Sam said, voice shaking, eyes watering. "He uh.. said he was going to shower and if I didn't change my attitude by the time he got out I'd pay for it." Sam cleared his throat and took a deep breath. "So after the pain died down and I caught my breath I packed a bag of clothes, grabbed the money you gave me and took a bus to the motels." Dean felt so proud of Sam. He hated Zeke with every fiber of his being. He needed to pay for what he did. "I'm proud of you. You did the right thing." Dean told him. Sam nodded and wiped some tears that were on his cheek.

"Will you let me check your back?" Dean asked. Sam nodded slowly, standing up. It was only now that Dean noticed Sam was wearing the shirt Dean had given him. His heart swelled a bit seeing that. Sam stated with his back facing Dean. Pulling his shirt off. Dean sighed softly. Sam had fresh bruises across his back, all the old ones faded away, but it was still bad. "Oh Sammy.." Dean said softly, his hand gently sliding up Sams back. Sam wasn't little, he was taller then Dean, he was still in great shape too. "Why didn't you hit him back?" Dean asked softly, thumb lightly brushing over the biggest bruise. Sam didn't even flinch. "I don't like fighting." Sam said softly. "And I thought about what you said. You were right Dean I.. I don't have anyone. If I hit him back or.. did anything, said anything, I'd still have nowhere to go. Everyone I know would tell him if I Was staying with them. I couldn't get away from him, so why bother?" Sam mumbled. Dean held in a sigh. Slowly sliding his hands up Sams back, lightly squeezing Sams shoulder. "You came here.. you called me, that's a start." Dean said.

Sam bit his lip, eyes tearing up. He turned to face Dean. Scared to ask but he didn't have much of a choice at this point. "What you said last time you were here... that I could go with you.." Dean locked his eyes with Sams, waiting for him to finish. "Did you mean that?" Sam asked. Dean nodded slowly. "Yes, I did." He said. Sam bit his lip nodding. Looking at the ground then back up at Dean. "Does the offer still stand?" He asked, voice shaky. Dean knew this must've been hard for Sam. Asking for help, for a way out. It was probably the first time he had ever done this. "Yes." Dean said without hesitation. "That offer will always be open to you." Sam let out a relieved breath, looking like a weight had been lifted from his shoulders. "Thank you.. thank you." Sam said, voice breaking. Dean smiled softly. Gently pulling Sam into a hug. Being careful not to hurt his already injured back, he didn't know if Sam would be thanking him once he explained things to him. He wouldn't turn Sam into a hunter, not if that wasn't what Sam wanted, hell he didn't wouldn't wish it on anyone. But Sam would have to take all the same precautions. He wasn't sure Sam would still want to go.