Reborn

A/N
(This is my first fanfic, I hope my writing isn't too bad! Please note that all art posted on this story like the cover and the pics at the beginning of chapters do not belong to me unless I say so.  Excuse the horrible cover but......Enjoy reading!) :)
______

It all happened too quickly, I had just been walking across the street, when a car raced past a red light. 

All I could remember, was a blinding white flash, pain, and darkness. The darkness embraced me, it was comforting, wrapping me in a warm embrace, and before I knew it, my mind drifted off into a dreamlike plain. 

Thinking back, I could faintly recall a melodic voice, but I couldn't recall what it had spoken.  Eyes closing, I slept, and by the time I had awakened, I had been born anew.
.
.
.

When my eyes opened, I could barely make out the blurry figures of what I assumed was a man and a woman.

"How adorable!" The man exclaimed.  "Lily, She's even cuter than her twin brother!"

"Rosaela," the woman spoke softly, "James, we'll name her Rosaela, our sweet little angel, Rosaela Potter."

I heard someone calling them and watched as they left.  Shocked, I just lay there, still and unmoving. 

The word Potter ran through my head over and over again. The fact dawned on me, I had been reborn in a fictional world!

Why did I have to be reborn?  Especially in the Harry Potter world!  I was just a normal average girl who hadn't even started high school yet! I tried to convince myself that I didn't want to be here, to live this new life, but deep down, I was ecstatic. 

As a young child, Harry Potter had been one of my favourite book series, I'd forgotten how many times I had re-read the series.

I was startled out of my reverie by the sound of soft sniffles.  I looked over to see a young baby boy, taking in the baby's uncommon shade of green eyes and brown hair, my brain drew a conclusion. I was face to face with Harry Potter.

I stared into the face of my brother, his face was scrunched up, as if he was going to cry.  Panicking, I quickly crawled over to him and planted a sloppy kiss on his pudgy cheek. 

Hearing the flash of a camera, I looked over to see Lily... no, I suppose I should get used to calling her mum.

"The two of you look so cute together!" She squealed, "I just know you both are going to grow into wonderful adults," she said with a gentle smile gracing her face. Putting her camera down, she lightly picked me up, cradling me against her chest.

"Now now Lily," Dad poked his head around the doorframe, "we don't want them growing up too fast do we," he stated, chuckling. "We have to make sure others are safe from their charms, I reckon they'll be breaking hearts before they graduate from Hogwarts!"

"James!" Mum exclaimed, laughing a bit herself.

A burst of giggles erupted from Harry, his laughter sound almost bell like, light and tinkling.   Our parents laughed, along with him, occasionally sharing glances full of life and love.

Seeing them so happy opened a pit in my stomach, I knew the tragedy they were going to face, and the pain and trauma that Harry would have to go through, but the irony was that I couldn't do anything about it.

I had barely been here for more than a day, and I had already opened my heart to strangers I knew would die.