First Words and the Marauders

A few weeks flew by, and I found myself coming to treasure every moment I spent with my new family, every laugh and every smile imprinted itself in my brain. 

One morning during breakfast, Harry and I  started a food fight of sorts.  It was more that we were using spoons to fling the strange mushy food we were given at each other, I still didn't know what the mushy stuff was, but I didn't like it at all!  I was sort of glad about this food war, it was the greatest opportunity to get rid of the atrocious substance.

We were interrupted by mum before we could continue any further. I pouted, it's a shame, I really had wanted to throw away more food.

"Rosaela! Harry! Stop it," she chided, though I could tell she wasn't angry.

"They get that side of their from me!" Dad boasted, I could see his chest puffing up with pride.

"Well I surely hope they'll grow out of it!" mum retorted.

Wanting to disperse the awkward mood that had taken place I opened my mouth and said the first words that came to mind.

"Ha-hawwy," I exclaimed

Our parents froze, "Did she just..." mum trailed off.

Dad took mums cue.  "Our Rosaela spoke her first words!" he burst out, brimming with excitement.

At that time, dad honestly looked like a child that had gotten the candy he had been promised.

Turning towards mum and dad, I looked them straight in the eye and opened my mouth.

"Hawwy fot," I uttered very seriously, I pointed a Harry dramatically, "Hawwy swarted da foo figh!"

The words I said ever so solemnly sent dad into a fit of boisterous laughter, I smiled and started giggling myself. These days were full of light and laughter, never in my life had I felt such peace of mind.
_______
~Time Skip~

The next day, I awoke too the sound of the doorbell ringing.  I looked up from my crib when dad came over to pick me up, mum was at the door greeting someone.  Dad walked over to the living room, where mum was already there holding Harry.

"Rosaela, Harry,"dad said, "Meet Remus Lupin, and Sirius Black."

My brain went on overload, I knew I should have been expecting to meet them but in all the time I was spending with my new family, I had completely forgotten about them! 

One part of my brain wondered where Peter was, Pettigrew  had been one of the characters I hated the most, betraying the Potters and all. 

"Is Peter not here?" dad asked.

"Apparently his great aunt is sick and he couldn't come today," Remus answered.

Mum looked surprised, "He should have told us, James and I could have gone with him."

"That's what I said," Remus replied, "But he refused, saying he didn't want to trouble us."

'That conniving, deceitful man,' I thought furiously in my head.

Sirius butted in, "I, for one didn't even know he had a great aunt."

I nodded my head as he said that, Peter was lying git and the largest coward in the world. It was then that Remus and Sirius seemed to take notice of me and Harry, the edges of Sirius' eyes crinkled as his eyes locked with mine. I stared back at him, refusing to blink or back down from his unspoken challenge.  Finally he blinked and snorted.

"I have feeling you're going to get along very well with your uncle Sirius," he whispered.

"I doubt Lily would want you corrupting her daughter," Remus voiced jovially, he had undoubtedly overheard Sirius' words.

The two started bickering and I huffed, I closed my eyes and turned over.

"Awww, is my little Rose angry at me?" Sirius whined.

I mentally face palmed at how childish he seemed right now, I really didn't want to be bothered by them anymore.  'Though,' I thought, 'Rose isn't such a bad nick-name.'
________
A/N
(Sorry if you're confused about how to say Rosaela, it's pronounced Ro-say-la.)
:D