Severus Snape

Harry and I stared at the letter, Harry with a disbelieving look on his face, and I, with a sparkle in my eye.

"Is this some sort of practical joke?" Harry asked incredulously.

"Nope!" I replied excitedly, "I really think it's true!"

"If you say so Rose," Harry responded dubiously, "It says here that they'll be sending someone over to pick us up, but how do they even know our address?!"

"Hmmm," I muttered absentmindedly, completely ignoring Harry's question.

I wondered who Professor Dumbledore would be sending. In the original story, Hagrid was sent to pick Harry up, but since my existence changed things like the worsened attitude of the Dursleys, it was possible that a different person could be sent.

I shoved the thought to the back of my mind, I guess I'd see who would pick us up later.
_______
~Severus POV~

I stormed through Hogwarts' hallways, cloak billowing around me. I had been teaching my class of bumbling idiots when Headmaster Dumbledore called me to his office.

As I entered the room, I immediately noticed the twinkle in Dumbledore's eye. I sighed, this was never a good sign.

"Ah, welcome Severus," Dumbledore greeted me.

"What did you call me for Albus!" I inquired. I wanted to get whatever I had been called for over and done with.

"Well," Dumbledore started to say, " I believe young Rose and Harry are about to be starting their first year at Hogwarts, and I was hoping that you—"

"No," I interrupted him, "No... just no"

"Why Severus, you haven't even heard me out," He pronounced calmly.

"Hear you out! I know what you were going to ask me to do," I thundered furiously. "You were going to ask me to be the Potter brat and his sister's guide!"

"Now now, it won't be that bad," Dumbledore chided.

"I don't care how bad it's going to be, I refuse to escort them!" I retorted.

"Severus," Dumbledore spoke softly, "If you refuse to guide them at my request, at least escort them for Lily."

I quaked in anger, how dare he use Lily against me, but still, I wavered, "Fine," I finally whispered, "I'll do it, just this once."

Muttering vexedly, I apparated to Little Winging, Surrey, ambled up to the door, and rang the doorbell.

There was a moment of silence before I heard a man yelling.

"Girl, get the freakin' door!" the sound of hurried footsteps met my ears. The door opened, and I found myself face to face with a young girl.

'Lily' was the first thought that came to mind. No, I reminded myself, this was Rosaela Potter, Lily was dead and gone.

At first, she seemed surprised to see me, then her entire face brightened, "Hello sir," she said sweetly, "Might I ask who you are?"

I cleared my throat, "I am Severus Snape, a professor at Hogwarts, I've been sent here to pick you up and buy school supplies.

"Ah!" She proclaimed as if a thought had just dawned on her. "So you were the person the letter mentioned, it's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance Professor Snape sir!"

"Who is it you blasted girl!" I heard the man's voice speak again.

The girl immediately stiffened, her face turning pale as she started shaking.

A whale of a man stumbled into my line of sight, seeing me, his face turned purple.

"You!" He thundered, "You're one of their kind, your one of those blasted freaks!"

"Uncle Vernon!" I heard a voice cry out, "Why are you calling him a freak?"

I turned to see a young boy standing by the stairs, so this is the Potter brat, he looks exactly like his father.

"Don't you speak to me that way boy!" Vernon, the now dubbed Pig said threateningly.

Unable to understand what was going on, I took both Rosaela's and Harry's hands and apparated to my house in Spinner's End.
.
.
.

This wasn't right, from what I'd seen in the little time I'd been with the Potter children, they were yelled at and threatened on a daily basis.  Weren't the Potter children supposed to be spoiled, pompous, and arrogant?