The Letter

In the past few days, I could hardly contain my excitement. I could tell Harry noticed, because he would stare at me strangely every time I giggled, seemingly at nothing. 

It was hard remembering how many times that he had asked me if I was alright.

The reason for my excitement was that mine and Harry's 11th birthday was fast approaching!  My Hogwarts letter couldn't come soon enough! 

Unfortunately, Dudley's birthday was before ours and I didn't want the snake incident at the zoo that happened in the book to happen to Harry. 

I had somehow convinced Uncle Vernon to let Harry and I stay in the house with the excuse that Dudley would have a much better time without Harry and I getting in the way.

Harry and I gazed out the window, waiting for the Dursley's car to leave the driveway so that we could finally have our peace and freedom.

"Are you sure about this?" Harry asked me, "What if we get caught?"

"It's fine," I replied, "As long as we make it back before 3:00 the Dursleys will never know.

I had told Harry that on Dudley's birthday, we could sneak out and visit the library. Ever since I was born in this world, I had been itching to get my hands on a book.

Harry had, albeit reluctantly, agreed. I doubt he would have let me go alone.

When we arrived our destination, I immediately pulled Harry along with me into the a quiet space in the library, and immersed myself in a book.
_______
~Harry POV~

Rose had been reading for hours!!! I didn't understand what was so interesting about books, I'd never been much of a bookworm, but I told myself to bear with it, but only for Rose. If it were anyone else,  I would have strait up and left.

I still remember the moment Rose became my responsibility,  she had always been frail and had suffered even more than I had. 

At a young age, even despite the abuse she had gone through, her kind and gentle eyes always stayed the same.

Her unwavering smile had struck a chord in my heart, the bonds I already had with her strengthened, and the two of us became almost inseparable.

Eyes scanning the room, I noticed that it was 2:31, gasping, I called out her name.
_______
~Rosaela POV~

"Rose!" I heard Harry whisper yell, "it's 2:31 now! If we get caught, we'll get something worse than a beating or a week without food."

I tensed, leaping up, I hurriedly put the books back onto their shelves.

Harry and I started sprinting out of the library, paying little attention the the people we had disturbed.

We got home just in time, less than a minute later we could hear the Dursley's car parking itself in the driveway. Aunt Petunia followed Uncle Vernon and Dudley inside, sniffing at us.

"Get the mail," Uncle Vernon hollered as he sat down in the dining room.

A burst of excitement ran through my body, running outside I opened the mail box.

Spotting the Hogwarts letter strait away by the seal it had been stamped with, I quietly snuck it into the cupboard Harry and I shared and told Harry to take the rest of the mail to uncle Vernon, I didn't want the whole letter fiasco to happen.

Harry looked at me quizzically, "Rose what wa—"

I cut him off, placing a finger in my lips, "We have a letter Harry! And it's addressed to us! I don't want uncle Vernon finding out about it, I doubt he would enjoy the idea of people knowing we exist and where we live."

When Harry returned, he locked the cupboard and plopped down on the bed. With anticipating smiles, we broke the seal l the letter and opened it. It read:

Dear Mr. and Ms. Potter,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. Below is an enclosed list of all necessary books and equipment.

UNIFORM
First year students will require:
1. Three sets of work robes(black)
2. One pointed hat for daywear(black)
3. One pair of protective gloves(dragon hide or similar)
4. One winter cloak(black with silver fastenings)

COURSE BOOKS:
1. The Standard Book of Spells by Miranda Goshawk(grade 1)
2. A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
3. Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling
4. A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
5. One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore
6. Magical Draft and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
7. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
8. The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self Protection by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT
1. One wand
2. One cauldron
3. One set of glass or crystal phials
4. One telescope
5. One set of brass scales

Students may also bring, if they desire and owl, OR a cat, OR a toad.

Please note if you are not of a wizarding family,  one of our staff will be sent to your residence to escort you to purchase your school materials and to the Hogwarts express.

Sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress