Explanations

~Rosaela POV~

The world spun and warped, so this was what apparating felt like. 

"Professor Snape sir," I inquired as the world stopped twisting, "Where are we and what just happened?"

Harry just looked around in awe, it was his first time experiencing magic, though I couldn't blame him; if I hadn't seen the magic performed in the Harry Potter movies, I too, would've reacted the same way.  Even now, magic seemed even more wonderful in reality than on screen.

"It's called apparation, and that is all you need to know.  Now what I want to know is why you're treated that way by your Uncle." Professor Snape looked quite befuddled.

I heard an intake of breath from Harry, "W-what do you mean sir? We aren't treated badly by anyone!"  Harry lied shakily, it was said so unconvincingly that I had to resist the urge to bash my head against the door frame.

"Don't lie to me Potter!" Professor Snape retorted.

"P-please don't snap at Harry Professor Snape sir," I steped between him and Harry, working as a wall to prevent any more chaos from occurring.

I was fine at people yelling at me, but when it came to Harry, it was an entirely different subject.

Professor Snape's eyes softened, "You may call me Professor Snape, there's no need to add the sir."  He took a deep breath, "Now I'll ask again, Why does your Uncle treat you that way," he spoke in a gentler tone than he did before.

I was startled at how gentle his tone was, it appeared out of place on his stony personality.

"W-well, I-it's because Aunt Petunia hates us, especially me, she always yells and says we're abnormal a-and sh-she—"

"She says our parents were drunks and threw us away because they didn't want us."  Harry abruptly said, sparing me from breaking into tears.

"Rose and I are hardly allowed any food, and if we mess up our chores or do something the Dursleys dislike we get b-beaten."  Harry started tearing up.

I saw Professor Snape's fist clench tightly, I could tell he was brimming with anger.

I wondered what was going through his mind right now, did he see to pitiful children, was envisioning his younger self, did he see us and think of Lily?

"I see," Professor Snape replied, his eyes hardened.

"W-well then," Harry stuttered, "since we've told you about us, can you tell us what's going on? Is what the letter said true? Are Rose and I really magical people?"

Acting as if Harry and I hadn't spoken a thing to him about the Dursleys abusive tendencies, Professor turned sharply so that he was face to face with Harry.

"The correct term is wizard and witch," Professor Snape snapped, "And yes, you are indeed, part of the magical community,"

Harry's eyes were as wide as saucers, his mouth gaped open.

"If you keep your face like that, it might stick, and you'll be swallowing flies for the rest of you life!" I joked, regaining my composure and trying to lighten the dreary mood that had taken place. "You do look rather like a fish to!"

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Professor Snape's mouth quirk up a little. My face brightened up almost instantly, I had almost made Professor Snape smile! I had never seen him smile in the Original Harry Potter world except when he was younger and with Lily.

Seeing that stray light of happiness on his face inspired me, I decided that the duration of time I spent at Hogwarts would be directed to making him smile, and even better laugh!

"Well then," Professor Snape stepped toward us, "Let us go."

"Go where?" Harry and I asked at the same time.

"Where else would we go but to get your school supplies," Professor Snape said briskly, "I shall be taking you to Diagon Alley.