Making New Enemies and House Preferences

Harry and I stared in shock at the boy who had quite rudely, burst into our compartment.

"Hey you!"  He cried pompously, "have you seen Harry Potter?"

"Harry Potter?" Harry questioned, most likely wondering what the boy could want with him.

"Yeah! He's supposed to be in the train somewhere."  The boy replied.

"Doesn't he have a sister?"  Harry asked, I could tell he was trying to find out why the rude redhead was only asking for him and not me.

"Who cares about that useless girl!" The redhead exclaimed as if it were the most obvious thing in the world, "Harry Potter is the boy who lived!  His sister is just some useless weakling!"

Psyche, who was nestled in my arms jumped up and hissed at him, the firm on her back sucking strait up. 

At the same time, Harry shot up from his seat, looking furious. Professor Snape had told us about how our parents died and Harry's role in "vanquishing" Voldemort, but I doubt that he would have expected that people would disregard me because of it.

"Don't you dare say that about her!" He yelled. "Rose Potter is just as important as Harry Potter!"

The redhead looked incredulous and a bit unnerved at Psyche's aggressiveness, "Who do you think you are!" He sputtered, "I'm Ronald Weasley! Harry Potter's future best friend and the soon to be greatest Gryffindor in history!"

"What makes you say that!" Harry's eyes narrowed, "You can't be friends with Harry Potter yet, since you have no idea where he is, or what his personality is like, and what makes you think that he'll want to be friends with a rude bully like you!"

My eyes darted back and forth between the two, I had never seen Harry so angry at a complete stranger before!

Ron's face turned beet red, I had a feeling that he wasn't used to being told off.

"Y-you!"  He spat out, "You'll pay for this!  When I find Harry Potter, I'll tell him all about the blasphemy you spouted!  He and I will make you pay!"

He the spun around, striding out of our compartment and slamming the door shut. 

Just a few seconds later, the door opened and a woman pushing a trolley stopped outside our compartment.  We could faintly hear Ronald cursing as he stubbed his toe against the trolley before continuing on his way out of our line of sight.

"Anything from the trolley dears?"  The woman smiled warmly at us, "Pumpkin Pasty? Chocolate Frog?  Cauldron Cake? Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Jellybeans are quite popular amongst you youngsters."

Harry and I grinned, "We'll take two of each!"  We both said at the same time.

Opening our boxes of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Jellybeans, we started conversing about the different Hogwarts Houses.

In Hogwarts A. History, it described the different Houses in great detail and and the different characteristics the Houses represented.

Gryffindor for the Brave and Courageous, Ravenclaw for the Clever and witty, Hufflepuff for the kind and loyal, and Slytherin for the sly and cunning.

"They all sound wonderful!" Harry exclaimed, "but I'd hate to be in Gryffindor, considering that boy, Ronald, will most likely be in that House!"

"Having to deal with him every day would be a nightmare!"  I agreed.

Little did we know that this decision would greatly affect our time at Hogwarts.