CHAPTER FOURTEEN

THOSE GREEN EYES WERE IN FRONT OF HER EVERY TIME SHE CLOSED HER EYES

It was painful... it hurt. It hurt to remember those green eyes that had hurt her so much, those green eyes that had brought her so much happiness at the same time, were now destroying her... and yet Sofia looked the same.

No one seemed to notice how she was, except for poor Harry... who could see the same pain in those chocolate eyes that he felt. Feeling terribly guilty, he could not bring himself to approach the girl, to speak to her...

Sofia had isolated herself from the trio, deciding she 'didn't want to split them up'. spending much of her time with Fred and George, but just as much time alone, wondering in her room.

Some days she didn't go out at all, locking herself in her room to play, while singing was becoming an almost therapeutic habit.

Harry, on the other hand, seemed worse off than she was.... the boy was constantly blaming himself, calling himself an idiot for what he'd said.

To say he had repented was reductive. He really wanted to apologise to the girl countless times, but he couldn't find the courage...

Meanwhile, the sleepless nights caused by thoughts of the girl had given him deep dark circles under his eyes, combined with a pained look and a tight smile.

Ron had heard it all from Hermione, at first he had thought about throwing a punch, but as soon as he had returned to the dormitory, he had seen the weeping raven-haired boy... and decided to be a good best friend.

"Harry, it'll all work out," Ron said.

"And if it doesn't..." said the boy thoughtfully, lying on the bed.

"You and Sofia are soul mates! I demand that you be together!" laughed Ron.

"Soul mates..." whispered Harry, feeling honoured to be that wonderful girl's soul mate.

"I've wanted you together since first year," Ron confessed.

"Since first year?!"

"Well... you remember your first meeting!"

"How could I forget... Ron... I think it was love at first sight," admitted the raven-haired boy.

The first meeting between the two had been an eye contact of at least 5 seconds, right after the girl had been sorted into Gryffindor.

It had been a magnificent 5 seconds, in which Harry could enjoy the mysteriousness of the girl's chocolate eyes.

As soon as he remembered her teary eyes, a vice gripped his stomach.

"I miss her..."

"Go talk to her!"

"What if she sends me away?"