Prologue

'Pleasure of love lasts but for a moment. Pain for love lasts a lifetime' - Bette Davis

I took a long pause, carefully observing her reaction. Her smile slowly faded, so was the dimple on her right cheek. As I mustered the courage that I had in me, I began to notice the lines of worry in her face. I bit the bottom of my lip to keep them from quivering and blinked my eyes to get rid of the blur.

"You are worrying me, Min Yoongi. What is it?", she croaked in a panic whisper.

Just do it, Yoongi.

One easy sentence.

She was about to open her mouth to say something but I quickly cut her off by saying the thing that I had been holding back for the past five years.

Not many people have experience love at first sight but I was one of the lucky ones.

I held back from the first day I saw her at that hallway and that was because, the day I saw her, she was in the arm of another man. Then I held back for the next three years and witness the mistreatment that she had gotten from the guy that was supposed to protect and to love her. Then, I held back even more because I kept on wondering if she could still love someone after being treated that badly for the last three years.

We were in my room, hanging out like how we used to but this time around was different; her eyes were bloodshot red and this time around, I caused it.

I was moving to Seoul the next day to start my career as a trainee. I had been waiting for this for a while now and when I got the acceptance letter, I didn't hesitate to say yes.

Of course, I hesitated at first because I was worried of leaving her alone but she reminded me many times that she won't forgive me if I declined the offer.

Both of us had our backs resting on the bed while our legs were leaning on the walls. This was our favorite thing to do; we'd usually talk about life and we mostly would find ourselves chilling in this position whenever either of us was in trouble.

I took a deep breath and looked at her gleaming yes.

"I like you", I finally spoke up after a long pause.

She immediately turned her face towards mine.

"What do you mean?", she asked.

I slowly got up, while trying swallow the lump that I had in my throat. Still in disbelief of what I just said and half-regretting of what I just said because I'd either lose her as a friend or...

"So it took you leaving to Seoul to finally tell me how you feel?", she added.

For a moment, I felt confused as her eyes began to water again after hearing my confession but then, she pulled me close in an embrace.

"You are an idiot, Min Yoongi", she said in between tears.

It took me a hot minute but I finally realized what she meant as I lightly brushed my lips on her forehead. I returned her hug and started smiling like a true idiot that I was. I can't believe I waited this long to finally tell her how I felt about her.

But that was eight years ago.

That night, we had no idea what was going to happen to us after this but we agreed not to be in a relationship because it'd be too hard for us both but we promised to wait for each other and for the first few months, things were really okay for us. Although we couldn't see each other, I always tried to make time for her and vice versa.

But all that suddenly stopped.

She didn't give me an explanation besides a half-assed apology saying that she couldn't wait for me any longer and then she disappeared into thin air.. It took me a while to realize that she blocked me everywhere and to make the matter worse, because I was a trainee, I didn't have the luxury to physically find her.. So after months of trying to figure out what happened, I decided to move on.

Trying to forget the person that you thought would be your forever wasn't the easiest thing to do but after a while, I found my ways [Read: One night stands].

And I also discovered I was no longer capable of falling in love again.

My heart was sealed for everyone, except her.

---------------------

Hi readers,

I am finally back after sitting in the corner for a while now. This time around, I really hope I won't stop halfway. The plot everything is in order and I already have ten episodes lined up.

I will try very hard to update this every two days and I am still unsure if this is going to be a long or short series.

Here are three episode for you!