Five

HEEJIN POINT OF VIEW

When I arrived home, I kept slapping my forehead for being so vulnerable in front of someone that I hadn't seen for eight years but thank God I was quick on my feet. I lied to him about having a boyfriend and I guess he believed it but in my head, it kept on replaying the girl that was sitting on his lap making out in front of my eyes.

I won't lie, that sight stung me a bit. 

I went into my room and slipped into my pajamas before figuring out what to do next but my head kept on seeing his face, so I went to the living room to watch some series. Not too long after that, Eun Woo came in. She carefully put her shoes on the shelves and sat next to me. 

"Did you guys talk?", she asked.

I was about to answer her when I realized that it was a set up, "You asshole, you knew that he was there?"

She smiled proudly, "Yeah". She was about to ask more questions when she saw my eyes. It was then she realized that I had been crying.

"What happened to you?"

I rested my head on her shoulder, "When I got to the table, there was a girl on his mouth.. So I just started crying"

Eun Woo enveloped me in a warm hug that smelled like expensive perfume and vodka. She slowly rubbed my back and said, "I am so sorry. When I texted you, he was alone there so I figured that you guys sh-"

I cut her off and said, "I know you meant well but never again please, Eun Woo. We already know about his reputation.. I really don't want go through what I went through last time"

She nodded, still regarding the story with disbelief. I spent the next half an hour telling her what happened from the moment I spoke to him until I got back home. She was pissed but she tried to keep her calm for my sake. 

Eun Woo knew what happened between us but she always believed that I should tell Yoongi what really happened instead of keeping him in the dark like this. But telling him the truth means that I would jeopardize a lot of things and that happened a long time ago. I also did it for his sake so it was no use to reopen old wounds. 

Text Message

YoongiHeejin-ah, Yoongi here. I hope you are feeling better already. Please let me know when we can catch up. Take care.

I looked at Eun Woo, as if I was trying to get her approval to reply to him.

"What about that imaginary boyfriend of yours?", she asked.

I rolled my eyes, "He will remain imaginary until I find a proper one. By the way, can you take the power bank in my handbag. My phone is almost out of juice"

Eun Woo started looking through my purse and then she pulled something out. It wasn't my charger.

It was the tissue paper with Jin's number on it.

"This you didn't bother to tell?", she looked at me in disbelief after she studied the tissue.

Shit, I forgot about this. 

"Yeah we talked for a bit but then I received your stupid text so I left in a hurry"

"Are you going to text him?", she asked.

"Are you crazy? He is Yoongi's friend. He probably gave his number to many different girls, hoping one of them would catch bait"

Text Message

Heejin: Thanks, Yoongi. Let's do dinner this Friday. Let me know where works for you. 
Yoongi: Great. I will let you know on Thursday. By the way, despite of what happened.. It was really nice to see you again.

It was nice to see you, too but not when there was a girl on your lap.