Ten

Yoongi Point of View

My heart dropped when I realized that the girl that Jin was constantly talking about non-stop after the comeback party was Heejin. I always knew the world was small, but not this small. I wasn't exactly sure if I was angry at Heejin for lying at me or at Jin for having a crush on her but then again, I had no idea why I was getting all worked up for nothing, especially over someone who has a boyfriend. 

When I was about to board the plane, I wanted to give Heejin a call but that was when I realized that I was angry at her. If she didn't want to go out with me last night, she could've told me the truth. Or maybe her boyfriend wasn't that happy that she was hanging out with me. 

The thing is when we were in New York, I couldn't stop thinking about her. Whenever we were at a place that I knew Heejin would love, I'd start taking pictures. The guys were beginning to feel curious because I was never like that.

"Why are you taking so many photos of this restaurant?", Taehyung asked.

I shrugged and slowly put my phone inside my pocket.

I had one reason; the restaurant had an amazing skyline. Something I knew Heejin would love. 

"Is it because it reminds you of the cafe that we went to the other day?", Jin asked. Still oblivious to the issue.

"What cafe are you guys talking about?", Jungkook asked.

Ah shit.

"There's this cafe that Yoongi brought me before we came here. Quite secluded but it has an amazing view"

The guys started asking if I could bring them next time but thank God I was saved by our manager asking us to wrap things up for the next interview. 

We had been in New York for almost two weeks now, just three more days left before we went back to Seoul so for the last two nights there, the guys wanted to explore the city while I, on the other hand, discovered that our hotel had a rooftop that was quite famous for its view.

When the sun was about to set, I quickly got ready so that I could catch a glimpse of the yellow-orange ribbons light in the sky. 

I found a small spot to chill and before I knew it, I started fiddling with my phone to look at the watch.. it was 7PM New York time, which means.. it was 9AM in Seoul time. I was contemplating to text her, especially since I didn't text her at all ever since I got here. I was back and forth with it for a while but after 10 minutes, I decided to send her a photo but I was ready for not getting any response.

Text Message

Yoongi: *sends a photo of sunset*
Heejin: That looks amazing. Is that the view from your room?
Yoongi: No, it's from the rooftop. I took a lot of photos of the skyline here - all of them reminded me of you.
Heejin: Why didn't you send any?
Yoongi: I wanted to but I thought you'd still be angry at me.
Heejin: I was angry at you when you hid my textbooks before finals. I am not angry at you now. 
Yoongi: Can we hang out once I am back?
Heejin: Sounds like a plan. Let me know once you are back okay?

I was about to take another photo and then another text came in from Heejin.

'I miss you, Yoongs'