Fifteen

Yoongi Point of View

I fumbled last night.

I panicked the moment I realized it was Jin and Jimin at the front door. I did not want them to know that I was friends again with Heejin. Not because I was hiding her from anyone but when she decided to end things so abruptly.. it broke me to the core. I almost left the group just two months after that but after the countless amount of discussions, I decided to stay for their sake. At some point, some of the guys were angry at Heejin, even though they barely knew her but I understood where the anger was coming from. If I were them, I would've felt the same way too. 

I was pleasantly surprised that Jin hadn't figured out that Heejin was my ex-girlfriend. He always believed that she was one of my old friends and when Jimin heard her name, I prayed to all of the Gods that have ever existed that he, too, wouldn't remember. 

"Yoongi, are you alright? You've been zoning out for a bit", Jungkook said as he waved his hand just few inches away from my face.

I quickly shook my head, "Is the car already here?"

Namjoon nodded.

We were heading to one of the viewing party for our new video clip. I was particularly excited for this because for the first time, the invitation list was not strict to the people at the company and medias. We were allowed to invite anyone and of course, I invited Heejin and Eunwoo. As of last night, Heejin was still on the fence on coming and I think after what I did, she would probably be off it by now. 

I was icing her out after Jimin and Jin decided to join us for movie. I had no idea why I did that, I could've just treated her better but my guard fully went up when the guys were around.

I checked my phone a couple of times to see if she had texted me but none came.

By the time we arrived at the viewing party, the place was already almost full. I had an inkling that Jimin would invite some of the girls that I went out with.

"Why did you invite them..", I whispered to Jimin.

He chuckled while trying to hide his amusement behind his shot glass, "I told you that some of them are my friends. Not my fault you didn't here"

I rolled my eyes, while trying to get out of the conversation with one of the girls and that was when my eyes landed on Eun Woo. Then, I politely excused myself and made my way to her. She was talking to one of our friends and Heejin was nowhere to be found.

"When did you arrive?", I asked her.

She quickly pulled me into a hug, 

"Great party! About half an hour ago. Have you seen Heejin?", she asked.

I shook my head, my eyes widened, "She is here?"

She nodded, "Her phone died right before she came here, I think she must be looking for you too. I saw her at one of the booths earlier.. try finding her there"

The place had so many booths and I went to each one to look for her and 20 minutes after rummaging through the place, I finally found her.

 But she was not alone.

She was with Baekhyun.

The funny thing is, they were just talking but the way how uneasy my heart felt.. I could just imagine how she must've felt when she found me making out with another girl at the very same booth just months ago.

I must've caught them at the wrong moment because Baekhyun was folding a tissue paper and carefully placing it into his pocket. She looked smitten but the moment she realized I was there, her eyes lit up. 

"You found me", she smiled. 

Baekhyun scooted out of the booth and congratulated me, "How about that beer session that you have been owing me?", he joked as he shook my hand.

I scratched my head, "I'll catch up. Need to say hi to her"

"A friend of yours?", he asked as he pulled me a bit further from the booth.

I nodded.

"I met her few times at her father's office. Finally got her number", he smiled.

I immediately felt like punching his stupid smirk off his face. My fist balled up, as if it was ready to hit him but before I could response to him, I felt a light tap on my shoulder. It was Heejin.

"Yoongs, I can't be long. I have a deadline tonight for work"

I was disappointed at myself because this version of me reminded me so much of the version that I hated back then. 

I said goodbye to Baekhyun before accompanying Heejin to an upper deck that the place had so that we could talk for a bit. 

"I saw you passing your number to him", I suddenly blurted out.

She gave a weak smile, "I knew him from work but never got the chance to exchange phone numbers"

I bit my lip, restraining myself from saying anymore about it and then she pulled me into a hug. 

"I am not sure if I've said this enough but I am proud of you've become. You deserve this", she said.

I held her a little tighter and slowly let her go.

"I would really love to stay but.."

I cut her off, "No worries. I will see you tomorrow okay?"

She nodded.

Jin Point of View

I was never a fan of this kind of events but since they finally let us decide whoever we wanted to invite, the list was all out. 

It was almost 11PM and most of us were definitely not sober anymore. I tried to find more familiar face in the crowd, particularly Heejin because based on our conversation last night, she told me and Jimin that she was coming but I hadn't caught a glimpse of her - But I found Namjoon and he was looking up. I tried to look at the same place that he was looking but from my view, it wasn't clear.

"What is he looking at?", Taehyung asked.

Both of us walked to him and tried to look at what he was staring. That was when I saw it.

It was Heejin and Yoongi at the upper deck and they were hugging. Not too long after that, Jimin joined us.

"If the press sees this.. we will be in hot soup tomorrow", Namjoon said.

"This is my first time seeing him so chill being with a girl in public", Taehyung stated.

"Isn't that Heejin?", Jimin asked me.

I nodded, "Yeah, that's one of his school friends"

Namjoon immediately looked at me, "Heejin? Kim Heejin?", he asked. Each time, his tone got more serious.

Both me and Jimin nodded.

"That's THE Kim Heejin. That's his ex-girlfriend"

--------------------------

Hi readers!

Sorry for going missing. Some parts of my country were badly affected by flood so I was helping some of the families out. Will try to be more consistent but here you go, a slightly longer chapter!

Don't forget to leave comments and rate :)

Happy new year, everyone. 💜💜💜💜💜