Seven

HEEJIN POINT OF VIEW

If you think about, eight years can honestly feel like a life time for most people but somehow, it didn't for us. You'd think two people who hadn't met for eight years will not have a lot of things to talk about, but we did.. He would try to see me any chance he'd get but our usual get together would be on Friday night at the same rooftop each time. But of course, there were days where I had to lie to him saying that I'd be out with my boyfriend because... it'd be weird ain't it to go out with a guy almost every few days when you have a boyfriend.

But you don't have a boyfriend.

Oh yes, I do.. but in my head, he doesn't sleep around.

The thing about him, whenever we were out.. I felt like one of those girls that he had to hide from the media when in all honesty, we were just two friends who wanted to get chicken. I'd sometimes listen to his phone conversations with his friends and he would always say that he was out with his brother.

Was he embarrassed of me?

I couldn't help but to wonder, since nothing was going on with us, why was he hiding about from his friends? I would usually just shrug it off because things like these can make me feel dizzy. Looking at him already made me feel miserable, especially on the nights where I'd ask him to meet me at the roof but he couldn't because he already has plans. We know damn well what those plans were.

Besides trying to hide me from everyone, the Yoongi that I thought was dead and gone was pretty much alive with me. The guy that I bumped into the hallway 13 years ago was slowly coming out of his shell. He wasn't as cold as the first day we met again. 

'Ugh, enough about him', I groaned a little too loud at work. 

Even the colleague who was sitting next to my cubicle could hear my frustration.

"Too many paper works?", he asked.

I chuckled, realizing how stupid I must have sounded. I swiftly shook my head, "Other things, non-work related stuff"

"Can you scout for me if the CEO is in a good mood? I need him to tell him that the client has made some amendments to our agreement.. Not in our favor", he said while straightening up the documents that he was holding.

I looked at him weirdly, "Why me?"

He returned the same look, "Because he'd rather see his daughter than the executive that made a blunder during the previous meeting"

My father was the CEO of one of the biggest marketing firms in Seoul, which explains why I heard all the stories within the industry. People would always call us when they need to a 'fix' and that was one of the things that we were good at. As for my case, I was forced to work with my father because my mother couldn't handle their only daughter decided to quit medicine during her final year because she was too mentally incapable to proceed.

That's a story for another day.

"Not going to do that for you.. In spite of being his daughter, he treats me like one of his staff. So, no thanks"

Text Message

Yoongi: I am flying off on Saturday for a week for a promotion. You wanna hang out tonight?
Heejin: Yeah, why the hell not. I could use a drinking buddy.
Yoongi: Jason is okay with us hanging out three nights in a row? Why don't you invite him tonight? The last time you said he was busy right?

I felt cold sweats coming on. 

Heejin: Actually you know what, I think I should hang out with him tonight. Maybe we can meet up the night after?
Yoongi: No worries. 

I tossed my phone in handbag, almost breaking it because I just can't believe how stupid I just sounded.