Sixteen

Seokjin Point of View

All of us were too stunned when we figured out that Heejin is Yoongi's ex-girlfriend. We heard so many stories about her back then but it was mostly from Namjoon because when he was dealing with the breakup, he talked to Namjoon (and sometimes Hobi) a lot. We heard bits and pieces about her but it never crossed my mind about the Kim Heejin when I met her for the first time. 

Yoongi didn't come back home that night so when all of us arrived home at the same time, Hobi started going through social media if he could find Heejin but that girl was hard to find. I honestly felt bad because I think Yoongi knew about the night I passed my number to Heejin. Embarrassed, even..

 "Do you know when they started hanging out?", Hobi asked while still going through his phone.

Jimin shrugged his shoulder, "But from the looks of it, I can see that they have been hanging out quite a lot. She was at his house yesterday but it didn't like they are back together or anything"

"Jin, you were friendly with her last night. Do you know anything?", Jimin asked me.

My eyes widened with the realization that everyone's attention was on me, "I don-"

My sentence was interrupted by Yoongi's sudden appearance in the living room. I guess we were all so engrossed with the topic that we did not realize that he had come in and we also had no idea if he heard the whole conversation.

"Where have you been?", Jungkook asked.

"I met up with some friends", he coolly responded.

Heejin Point of View

"Wow, twice in a week?", Eun Woo excitedly said to me after she saw me getting ready.

I rolled my eyes and carefully placed the lip tint into my bag. I took one last look in the mirror and then I heaved a heavy sigh. Unsure if I was making the right decision but it had only been one coffee session with someone I had been working with. 

Two weeks ago, I exchanged phone number with Baekhyun and honestly, in my head, we never directly worked with each other but we exchanged pleasantries whenever he was in office so I thought it was okay to go on a coffee session with him. 

"Yoongi okay with you guys going out?"

Her question interrupted my train of thoughts. 

"He has been busy with promotions so I only saw him once since that night", I responded.

Honestly, I had no clue what he was really up to because he had been distant with me ever since that night. I saw him coming live few times but he looked tired. I tried reaching out to him a couple of times for dinner but one invitation got turned down, while the other was ignored. 

When I arrived at the coffee shop, I sat on the bench by roadside for few minutes before deciding to go in and before I did, I received a text message.. None other from the Devil himself.

Text Message

Yoongi: Hey, sorry I've been busy. Let's go for early dinner?
Heejin: Hey Yoongs. No worries but I am glad you are doing okay. I'm out for a coffee with Baekhyun now but can meet up a bit later if you are not too tired.
Yoongi: Will let you know. I already planned something with the guys.
Heejin: Okay. Text me later.

Throughout the coffee session, my mind was distracted with how abrupt Yoongi dismissed me after he found out that I was out with Baekhyun again and poor guy, I think he knew something was up because he kept asking if I was okay.

"So how did you meet Yoongi?", he suddenly asked out of the blue.

I sipped my coffee and eyed him suspiciously, wondering if he knew about me but he just genuinely looked interested.

"He's an old friend of mine. I heard the two of you were close tho", I replied.

"We were but we got really busy. I have been trying to see him ever since that night but he kept saying that he is busy", his smile was sardonic, yet his eyes held a gleamed of humor

I was quick to change the topic because I didn't want him to ask me more about him. 

"Maybe next time we should grab a meal instead of coffee? I can't keep drinking coffee with you, my heart rate has been going crazy.. I am not that used to caffeine", he blushed and smiled.

I had a really good time with him and we both agreed that the next time we meet, it should be a proper, longer session. At first he joked about it being a date but he saw how stunt I was, he quickly dismissed his joke and assured that I can bring any friends if that'd make me feel comfortable. I excused myself not too long after that and decided to go to Yoongi's place, hoping that I could catch him before he leaves.