The End

The battle on Endor's orbit was intense, but the Resistance seemed to have a chance of actually penetrating the First Order's base's defenses.
Sara received an emergency signal and returned to the Eravana to receive new orders. So she landed the A-wing she had been fighting in inside the Eravana, its hangar bay empty of people but filled with A and X-wings. She wasted no time, walking fast to the command room. However, the way everyone quieted down the moment she walked in, let her know that something was wrong.
“What happened?” she asked looking at Leia and her mother.
“Ben was taken.” Said Leia.
Taken?” she breathed, feeling a cold hand squeezing her heart.
“They sent us this.” Sabine clicked on the panel and a hologram appeared. It was Ben, tied to a contraption that seemed to shock him.
Sara gripped the edge of the controls looking at that hologram completely consumed by fear.
“How long ago have they sent this?”
“About thirty minutes.”
She blinked and took deep breaths, making a quick decision. “Mom, come with me.” And she left the command room, running to the armory.
Sabine followed her as did many others.
“What’s your plan?” she asked her daughter, as she picked up her weapons.
“Simple: we’ll enter the base and rescue him.” Sara looked around, trying to find something she could use. “I need something else beside my Kal dagger, for I’ll avoid using my lightsaber and the Force for as long as possible.”
“Here.” said Ursa Wren from the door, walking in and taking a sword from her back, giving it to Sara. “Take my beskad and my jetpack.”
“Thank you, grandma.” Sara picked both, attaching the sword to her side and putting on the jetpack. “Let’s go, mom.” And Sabine put on her helmet before running with her daughter to the Mirrorbright.
“Sara!” called Ezra, running after them.
She stopped and turned to look at her father, still angry at him.
“Remember the Mortis Gods, they’ll always be with you.”
She just nodded and ran up the ramp of her ship.

_______________

They landed the Mirrorbright in a secluded area between the trees and flew with the jetpacks, using the tree tops as a way to keep hidden, till they were close to the Base’s entrance.
They landed and Sabine managed to open up the door without ringing any alarms. The two women sneaked into the base and found some monitors and a control panel in one of the corridors. Sabine quickly checked them to try and find Ben, Sara looked with her. “There!” whisper-shouted Sabine. “There are too many guards in those corridors, Ben must be somewhere around there.”
“I agree. Let’s move.”
And they were lucky for two corridors, not one stormtrooper in sight. But on the third corridor, they were spotted. Sara wielded the beskad as she would her lightsaber, deflecting the shots and sending them back towards the troopers, killing them. But their presence had been announced and they had to run. Sabine and Sara reached the corridor of the room Ben was being kept in.
There were around twenty guards there and they showered bullets on the two women. Sara had the beskad in one hand and grabbed her lightsaber in the other, using both to protect herself and her mother and send the shots back at the troopers. They reached the door and the sound of more troopers approaching could be heard.
“I have no idea how we’re getting out of here, Sara.” Said Sabine, concerned.
“Neither do I, mom.”
They ran into the room and Sara used her lightsaber to destroy the door's control panel. She turned around, quickly throwing her Kal dagger at a man in a white labcoat that operated the machine. Before the man had fallen onto the floor, Sara exclaimed: “Ben!” and she got close to the machine that they had tied him to, trying to find a place to touch him that didn’t look bruised or bloody. She stopped before touching him for she heard an electrical humming noise.
“Mom, by the sound of it, this is still on. Can you turn it off?”
Sabine ran behind the controls trying to turn it off. “Don’t touch him, Sara! It could be dangerous!”
“I know. Hurry!” she looked at her husband’s face, needing to see him wake up.
After what seemed like hours, Sabine managed to turn the machine off and Ben’s shackles opened, making him fall onto the floor unconscious.
“Oh, no. No. No. No.” Sara murmured as she touched him and assessed the many bruises. “What does this machine do?” she asked her mother.
“It seems to be a torture device, but not just physical.” Sabine clicked a few more buttons and gasped. “This is the Force-extractor!”
Sara touched Ben’s face, desperation taking over her. “Ben, wake up! Please!”
Suddenly the door was opened and a ginger man walked inside the small room.
“What do we have here?” said Hux walking in. “Two Mandalorian rats. Supreme Leader knew you’d come rescue him.”
“I was born in Lothal, douchebag.” Replied Sara standing up, raising her hand, and her dagger flew from the head of the labcoat guy into Hux’s so fast that the troopers stopped aiming at them, shocked to see Hux falling onto the floor so quickly. Sara ignited her lightsaber and ran towards them, cutting many with both the beskad and the saber. Sabine joined her daughter and soon all of the twenty stormtroopers were dead, their bodies scattered in the corridor by the door. Sara looked around, not seeing any more troopers, so she turned off her lightsaber, her Resistance uniform blood-stained and her eyes filled with pain as she glanced at her mom before running back into the room her husband laid unconscious in. She kneeled beside Ben and saw he was still breathing.
“Is there a way to reverse it, mom?”
“Maybe.” Whispered Sabine, locking the door and going to the control panel of the machine again. “If Palpatine puts this energy in himself, there must be a way to send it back into Ben.” She clicked some buttons and a stainless steel table rose from the floor. Found it! Can you put him on that table?”
“Yes.” Sara used the Force to levitate Ben onto the table.
“Now come here, Sara. It could be dangerous to be close to him while this machine is on.”
“Why are you so worried today?” said Sara, stopping beside her mother. “It’s a little annoying.”
Sabine sighed, “You’re pregnant, dear. And I am your mother – I always worry.” She touched Sara’s face before turning to the controls again and pulling a lever. “Let’s hope this works.”
A ray of light of mixed colors left the machine and entered Ben, blue, white, red, orange and purple tones filled the room for a few minutes. They waited for the machine to stop and Sara walked towards him again, touching his face, “Ben?”
He stirred and opened his eyes suddenly jerking away from her, scared of something.
“It’s me, Ben! Sara.”
“Loth-cat?” He whispered, sitting up and pulling her into a tight hug, looking around the room, confused. “How are you here?”
“We came to rescue you.” Sabine said, walking close to them.
He looked at her and bowed his head, “Thank you.”
“Can you walk?” Sara asked.
“Yes.” He got off of the table and took a step closer to her.
She touched his chest, noticing his shirt was soaked in sweat. “Are you in pain?”
“Not right now. Adrenaline and all...” He kissed her lips softly. “I love you, loth-cat.” He said.
“We have to move, kids.” said Sabine.
“I don’t have my lightsaber.” said Ben.
“Here.” Sara gave him hers. “I have a beskad.”
“So let’s go.” said Sabine, putting on her helmet.
And the three of them left the room and fought their way towards the exit of the base, reaching it with difficulty, but mostly unharmed.
“We only have two jet packs. We can each hold one of Ben’s arms and…” said Sabine.
“No. Ben, you take my jet pack. I can make my way to the Mirrorbright on my own, I’ll use the treetops.”
“What if you fall?” asked Ben hesitating in getting the jetpack. “You could hurt yourself.”
“Don’t. Start.” Sara pointed a finger at him.
“He’s got a point, dear. You can’t fall, it could harm the babies.”
Sara looked at both of them. “You two really have to stop protecting me. It’s fucking pissing me off!” she shouted at them before shoving the jetpack on his chest and moving towards the trees, getting ready to jump. “Let’s go before…” and suddenly she felt she couldn’t move, her whole body frozen in place, fear reflecting in her eyes.
“Sara!” exclaimed both Ben and Sabine, running to her side.
“Finally, I have you, young Bridger.” They heard a man speak, his voice filled with evilness. “I knew you’d come if I had young Solo as my prisoner.”
Ben and Sabine walked in front of Sara, shielding her from the half mechanized, half organic disfigured form of Palpatine.
“The next protector of the Gateway, the bearer of two strong Force-sensitive beings that I can feel growing inside of her.” Palpatine seemed to be smiling ecstatically, but the sight was so ugly it was hard to tell if he was happy or about to vomit.
“She’s protected by the Mortis Gods! You lay one finger on her and you’ll have a taste of their powers!” shouted Sabine, trying to hide the fear from her voice.
“Oh, but I’m counting on it! And when they come I shall have all of their powers, and I’ll extract Solo's again!” He raised his wrinkled bony hand towards Sara, but Ben quickly stood in front of her, letting her lightsaber absorb the blue energy rays Palpatine was sending her way.
“Call my mother!” he shouted to Sabine.
“Already did.”
“No one can help you, fools! I’ve survived everything – I’m too powerful to be defeated. Strike me down again and I’ll find my way back once more in a few years!” Palpatine closed his eyes, his ugly face disfigured in what seemed to be a satisfied smile, “I can feel them coming. The Gods will be here soon and all their power will be mine!” he shouted, trying to hit Sara again with some blue rays.
“Never!” Ben ran towards him and sliced his half mechanical body in two, but that just had Palpatine laughing.
“I’ve absorbed many Force-users already, stupid boy! That chair only helps me move around; but my life, my energy, is indestructible now.” Palpatine flew in the air, his long black robes making him look like a black ghost, he raised his hand to Sara and unfroze her. She gasped, not understanding why he had let her go, but she immediately took the beskad in her hand, turning around getting ready to face the monster that already battled her husband.
“So much energy.” Praised Palpatine, closing his eyes as if savoring a nice perfume. “But that anger inside of you, young Bridger, that’s not approved by the Jedi.”
“Never claimed to be one.” Sara growled before jumping towards him and attacking him with the beskad.
But Palpatine quickly ignited a dark red lightsaber and deflected her blows, laughing at her.
“Look at you! So powerful and in control even while all that anger runs through you!” he was really excited. “I have never dreamed you’d be this precious!”
Ben joined Sara in the battle, but even together they weren’t strong enough to land a killing blow on the demented Sith Lord.
“Enough of this!” Palpatine suddenly shouted, raising one hand towards Sara, who felt her feet leaving the ground, “I’m tired of this game. You’re not strong enough to defeat me. But your combined energy will be key to make me the most powerful Sith that has ever lived!!”
Sara floated midair, her beskad suddenly falling onto the ground as her hands moved to her throat. She reached out one hand towards Palpatine, trying to hit him with lightning, but she was quickly losing consciousness – all that exertion from the battle was taking its toll on her pregnant body.
“He’s choking her!” exclaimed Sabine.
“I only need you alive enough to reach the end of your term, Bridger. I don't need you conscious, brain dead will suit me just fine.” said Palpatine, as he intensified his grasp on her throat, Sara’s hands clawed at her own neck as she fought for air. Her last thoughts going to the Mortis Gods, to the Son: Help me. She pleaded before everything turned black.

_______________

Sabine and Ben watched helplessly as Sara closed her eyes and her arms fell beside her limp body, but she kept floating close to Palpatine.
“No!” Ben shouted, beginning to run towards Palpatine, getting ready to jump and hit him with Sara’s lightsaber. But, all of a sudden, time seemed to freeze and a man and a woman materialized in front of him, making him stop abruptly. He panted, looking around at the frozen picture the battlefield had become, then he stared at the two beings. “You. I remember you, you married us. You’re the siblings.” he whispered looking from one to the other, trying to make sense of their presence there in that moment.
Both God and Goddess nodded,
“We have something for you.” Said the beautiful woman, smiling and reaching out a small box to him.
“Consider it a wedding gift.” Said the man.
Ben couldn’t understand how they could be smiling and mentioning wedding gifts at such a terrible moment, but he slowly reached for the box and opened it.
“This is a holocron.” he whispered still in shock at all of that situation, Sara was close to death and he was chatting with these weird beings about gifts.
“Yes.” Said the Daughter. “But it’s not any holocron. We worked together,” she looked affectionately at her brother. “To find a way to contain the evilness inhabiting Palpatine.”
“If we hadn’t stopped you, and you had killed his physical form, you would have release all of that Darkness into the Galaxy.” explained the Son, “Most may think that’s something I’d love to see happening, but it’s not.” He added.
Ben quickly understood, that holocron was a way to stop Palpatine for ever. “What do I do then? How do I use it?” he asked, not touching the holocron inside the box, just looking at it with a little desperation, glancing at Sara, frozen in midair.
“Open your mind to me, we can do this together.” Said the Son.
The Daughter looked at him with a frown and a little concern. But Ben didn’t hesitate – he remembered Sara had told him the Son was the embodiment of the Dark Side, but he didn’t care, he’d happily become a Sith Lord if that meant saving Sara and their kids. He opened his mind to the Son and felt an immeasurable amount of power surge inside of him.
The whole battlefield unfroze and Palpatine lowered Sara to the ground, while Sabine shouted her daughter’s name desperately, no one seemed to noticed that time had stopped for a few minutes.
“Now, let’s end him.” Said the Son in Ben’s mind.
Ben ignited Sara’s lightsaber and got ready to attack. But the Son spoke again, stopping him: “No! Not his body, forget his physical form, focus on what you feel from him.”
Ben turned off the saber and tried to do as he was told, pushing his worry for Sara and their kids to the back of his mind. He found the energy the Son was talking about and focused on it. Ben felt suddenly cold and nauseous, the evil force seemed to be all around him, he felt the urge to rub his skin, it was like a sticky slime covered him. He shuddered in disgust. Then he felt the Son somehow locking onto that evilness, and the Daughter started to murmur some words, something that sounded like an enchantment.
The disgusting feeling on his skin slowly vanished, and Ben felt his hands move – although he hadn’t ordered them to. The Son was controlling his body, manipulating the holocron that floated in front of him, at the same time that the Daughter’s voice got louder, the enchantment being sung faster.
Palpatine let out a sudden shout and lost control over Sara’s body, causing her to fall a few inches into the ground.
Sabine ran to her daughter, seeing blood seeping between the blue strands of her curly hair.
“Focus!” Urged the Son, for Ben’s attention had gone to Sara again. “She’ll survive this. They all will.”
Then Ben took a deep breath and focused harder on the Sith Lord, feeling the Son continuing to work through his hands, trying to cut Palpatine's connection to the Force.
The Daughter’s words became more violent and, right in front of his eyes, Palpatine's body dissolved, a dark shadow being released from his physical form. Growls and screams were heard, the Son and the Daughter now sang the enchantment in unison, and the dark form was sucked unwillingly, screechingly, into the holocron that rested now in the Daughter’s hands.
The Goddess and her brother’s words changed to distorted and angry, as they kept reciting the enchantment until all the screams ceased and every inch of that shadow had entered the holocron – which closed shut and stopped shinning its usual red light.
Heavy silent fell on them. Sabine's words of love to her daughter were the only sounds heard on the battle field.
The Son suddenly left Ben’s body and stood beside his sister in front of Ben – who fell onto his knees on the ground, panting as if he had just run for hours, he was covered in sweat and felt dizzy.
“The Force will be balanced now.” the Daughter said, her voice a sweet melody once more, the holocron still in her hands. “We’ll take care of this.”
“Now go to Sara.” Continued the Son. “Protect her. And we’ll see you again soon.”
“Thank you.” Ben whispered before standing and stumbling towards Sara, falling on his knees beside her.
“This is Spector 5 calling the Eravana.” Said Sabine into the commlink on her wrist. “We need pick up, by the entrance of the base. Be careful for we don’t know how many troopers or TIE fighters are around here still.”
“We are close, hang on a while longer.” replied Leia.

_______________

Ben carried Sara into the Falcon and put her in his small room in the beloved old ship.
“We need to take her to a meddroid.” Said Leia, beside him.
“The Son said they’ll survive this. But I can’t stop being afraid.” He touched her belly, sensing the twins' energy in there.
“The Son?” asked Leia. “From the old tales? The one from the Gateway in Lothal? That Son??”
“Yes.” Whispered Ben. “He helped us. Actually he and the Daughter did all the work. They are keeping the holocron in the Gateway so that no one can get a hold of it ever again.”
“That’s reassuring.” Leia sighed. “Perhaps now we can begin to live without looking over our shoulders all the time.”
“That’d be good.” Agreed Ben, caressing Sara’s face.

_______________

1 year later
In Lothal’s main square

Ben watched Sara walking around the party, talking to everybody making sure everyone was having a good time. That party marked one year of their victory over Palpatine and also celebrated the newest citizens of Lothal: the Alderaanian families.
Ben stood by the large table where all the many delicious food were, he was just admiring his wife’s social skills, how she talked to everybody, many were families she had known since she was born, but she also made sure to remember the names of those people she had just met. You’re amazing. He proudly thought. Sara heard his words and looked at him, an arched eyebrow and a sweet smile on her lips. You are distracting me, your worshipfulness. She sent him mentally.
Ben chuckled at the insult, but a little sound took his attention from Sara and he looked to his side, where a simple white crib stood with two six-month-old babies sleeping peacefully inside: a blue-haired boy and a dark-haired girl – his children.
“They’re perfect.” Said Leia, stopping beside Ben, holding his arm.
“Yes, they are.” He looked at Sara again, smiling. “So is she.”
“Absolutely. She’s showing the amazing queen she’s going to be. And the Lothal people seem to be very accepting of the Alderaanians. I’m very happy to see that this will work out.”
“It couldn’t be more perfect.”
Leia looked up at his face and smiled broadly, tears of joy in her eyes. “I can see how happy you are, my son. I can feel it too.”
He smiled at her and looked at Sara again, she was laughing at something a tall man had said and he felt a little jealousy rising.
Sara looked his way and raised and eyebrow, sensing his jealousy.
The babies fussed and woke up, standing up on the crib and calling Ben and Leia’s attention to them. They moved closer to the crib and each picked one baby up.
Sara quickly approached them. “Is everything alright?” she got the dark-haired baby girl from Leia’s arms and checked on the blue-haired baby boy in Ben’s arms. “Their diapers look clean. What woke you up, loves?” she sweetly asked the babies.
Both children gurgled in response.
Ben chuckled and pulled Sara close to him, one arm around her waist as the other held their son; he kissed her lips.
“I love you, royal nuisance.” She murmured as the brief kiss ended. “Thank you for writing me that letter.”
“I’ll always be grateful that I did.” He took her free hand and kissed it. “And thank you for rescuing me.”
“Hey! I kidnapped Kylo Ren – your rescuing was just a side effect.” She corrected him, kissing their daughter’s dark hair.
Ben chuckled and kissed her lips again, his son pulling on his long hair.
Sara stopped the kiss, remembering she had to tell him something: “I finally got to read the report on your blaster abilities.”
“And how did I go?”
“Well, it seems you are better with a lightsaber than a blaster.” She bit her bottom lip, grimacing, remembering the not so impressive results she had gotten.
“Not a good shot?” he murmured over her lips.
“Nope.” She replied kissing him.
“Who cares if he’s a good shot?” asked Poe, interrupting them. “We can all agree he’s a hot shot no doubt.” He winked playfully.
Sara laughed and gave her friend an one-armed hug. “That’s true, Poe. That’s true.”
Ben looked at her, so beautiful and strong, his heart full of love for her and for their family. He’d kill for them without a second thought; the Son had told him to protect Sara, and that he would do – no matter how many times she threatened to feed him carbonite.
_______________

THE END.

_______________

Author’s note: Here we are, almost 2 years since I totally lost my inspiration to write Star Wars' fanfics, I finally found enough inspiration today just to finish this one. I reread it and fixed some misspellings and grammar mistakes.
If anyone waited this long to read the end: first I apologize, second I thank you.
Hope you enjoyed it.

I’ll review some of my Snape fanfiction next. If that’s your cup of tea, I’ll start posting them here this week (hopefully).
Take care.
Thanks for reading so far.