The Conflict

Sara left the Mirrorbright and didn't look back, too angry to even look at Leia again. Of all the things that the General could've hidden from her, the fact that Ben and Ren were the same person had to be the worst. Sara had spoken many times about how angry and frustrated she felt that the guy wouldn't engage her in battle. And all that time: Leia knew!

She walked into the Base's lounge room and found her friends, Poe and Finn, relaxing on the couch. She threw her duffle bag onto the floor and sat heavily beside them. "Hello, lovebirds."

"Hi, Jedi-girl." Greeted Finn. "How was your trip?"

"'Disaster' doesn't even begin to describe it." She sighed.

"Why?" asked Finn. "Didn't you find the parts we need?"

"Not that, I did get the parts. But I engaged your ex-boss in battle and won. Brought him in as prisoner."

"That sounds great!" exclaimed Poe, a little confused. "How come you aren't happy about it?"

"Well, it was all great: I had the parts, Ren was my prisoner, and I had set the Mirrorbright on course to Lothal, initiated the hyperspace jump and was ready to take a nap; but then he took his helmet off..."

And before Sara could finish her story, Leia walked into the room with Ben – who had changed his dark Kylo uniform for jeans and a white t-shirt and Sara had to ignore her body's immediate response to that sight; he looked dreamy, such a simple combination of clothing items had never looked better; he was every inch the Prince his royal status claimed he was.

"Shit." she breathed, angry at herself.

"No way!" exclaimed Poe, smiling as he recognized Ben. "What's he doing here?"

"That's Kylo." Said Sara, receiving a look of complete shock from both her friends.

"Are you serious?" exclaimed Poe.

"Wait, you two know him? Who is he?" asked Finn.

"That's Leia Organa's son, my childhood friend, your ex-boss, and Sara's arch-enemy/crush from the Temple."

"The letter guy?" asked Finn, shocked.

"Yep."

"Damn, he hot." Finn exhaled.

Sara looked at them as if they had lost their minds: "First of all, he was not my crush and second: he's Kylo Ren."

Leia and Ben reached them.

"Poe, Finn, Sara." Greeted Leia. "I've already introduced Ben to the others as my son. Not a word about his other name or his time working for the First Order, understood?"

"Yes, General." Replied Poe, standing up to hug his friend. "How're you doing, man?"

"I've been worse." Ben replied, with a smile. "It's good to see you."

"You too." Said Poe, smiling.

"He'll stay here then?" Sara asked, annoyed.

"Yes, sending him back alive would be too dangerous," explained Leia. "Snoke would question the lack of bloodshed – in the sense of why we didn't kill him nor he didn't kill some of us."

Sara nodded in understanding, clearly disliking that news.

"Commander Bridger." Said Leia, in her General-voice now, and Sara stood up in respect. "I'd like for you and Ben to work together."

"What? No!" Sara nearly shouted in anger and surprise.

"You two have a strong connection to the Force, together you can do the work of six people if you learn how to cooperate." briefly explained Leia.