The Mission

Next morning

Sara woke up later than she usually did; it was almost 10 a.m. when she opened her eyes and blinked the sleep away. She rolled onto her back and stared at the ceiling above her bed, remembering the dream she'd had of the vision from the Temple: the kids, so cute, running, laughing and playing; the house, so cozy and welcoming; and Ben, so handsome, gentle and strong; it had been a beautiful dream. She sighed, not knowing what to do – her going to the Temple had just added to her emotional unbalance.

I must stop thinking of that and begin my day. Training will definitely help me clear my mind. She thought, throwing the covers away from herself and stretching on the bed before getting up.

She stopped by the window to open it up and looked at the trees; Lothal had so many natural beauties, she felt a deep connection to her home planet; many people thought she was from Mandalore, but that wasn't true; although she had Mandalorian blood from her mother's side, Sara had been born in Lothal and the mythical loth-wolves had visited her only a few hours after she'd drawn her first breath – something that her parents had kept secret from everyone else but her for it was unheard of.

While Sara enjoyed the view of the trees and her mind replayed the dream with the kids running by the pond, a soft breeze entered her room and blew the letter off of her nightstand.

She walked to it and bent down to pick it up, bringing the burnt piece of paper to her chest and thinking of Ben; she loved the man who wrote that letter to her, she just had to control the urge to punch Ben Solo's face and shout insults at him every time her eyes fell on him; her heart and her mind needed time to accept that the letter-Ben she loved and the Temple-Ben she hated were the same person. Easier said than done. She thought as she put the letter in her drawer.

She changed her pajamas for training clothes, a blue cropped top and gray sweatpants, socks and sneakers next, and looked at herself in the mirror for a while, analyzing her own features; her messy curly blue hair, blue eyes, her delicate nose and chin – pretty as her mother's – and her rosy, soft-looking lips. She wasn't slender like Sabine though, she had curves, and was of average height. All in all she looked sexy and harmless – a first impression that she'd learned to use to her advantage in battle.

Through the years, Sara had learned to appreciate herself, she liked what she saw in the mirror now – when she was a teenager, she constantly wondered what was wrong with her looks (or more specifically: why a certain Prince didn't look at her in a certain way). But she had long overcome those insecurities. And now I know Ben was only a pain in my ass because he did look at me in exactly that way. She shook her head and pulled her hair up, tying it in a bun, before leaving her room.

_________________________________________

Ben walked out of his room before 7 a.m. and looked at the door across the corridor, Sara's door. He could sense she was still inside and asleep. She'll probably sleep in this morning. He thought, going to the cafeteria to grab something to eat before beginning his morning training routine.

_________________________________________

When Sara arrived in the training room, she stopped by the door to look at the man already training in there: Ben was wearing black sweatpants and a white tank-top that left very little for the imagination; he was all sweaty, his arms and shoulders glistening, hair sticking to his face as he used a wooden sword to stop four flying targets from shocking him. Of all the issues she had to solve regarding him, physical attraction wasn't one. Not at all. She thought.