The Reencounter

Mandalore

Sara clicked some buttons on the Mirrorbright's panel, slowing the ship down, and looked at her mother's home planet in front of her with a smile; she loved Lothal but Mandalore was like home for her too. However Sara didn't attempt to enter the atmosphere without asking for clearance first – doing so in such a place was to ask to be shot down. She took her personal holocomm and dialed her grandmother's private number.

"Sara!" exclaimed Ursa Wren as she answered. "How are you my dear?"

"I'm on the run, grandma. Can I have landing clearance? And a place to hide my ship?"

"Wait. You're here?" Ursa exclaimed happily.

"Yep."

"That's great! I'm sending you the codes for landing and coordinates right now."

"Thanks, grandma." Then she quickly added: "And don't tell anyone I'm here."

"Of course. You can always count on me, dear. This is the way."

"This is the way." Sara repeated, starting landing procedures.

________________________________

Sara landed the Mirrorbright in a clearing in the woods, near her grandparents' house in the mountains, turned off the ship and walked down the ramp; seeing her grandma with a jet pack in her hands waiting for her.

"Sara! What an amazing surprise!" said Ursa hugging her granddaughter.

"It's really great to see you too, grandma."

"I'm very happy to see you but... what brings you here, dear?" she put her hands on Sara's shoulders.

"I just need to lay low for a while." Sara smiled at her grandma's concern, she always felt so welcomed by her; Ursa was a powerful stern woman, but she was also a good listener and a loyal person. "Did you tell anyone I am here?"

"No. Not even your grandpa. Just like you asked." She kissed her granddaughter's forehead. "What happened, dear?"

"Can we speak inside? I'm a little tired."

"Sure. Are you well enough to fly?" she handed her the jetpack.

"I'd have to be dead to refuse an opportunity to fly!" Sara exclaimed, quickly putting the jetpack on her back.

They flew to Ursa's house, and Sara felt like giggling like a little girl as the wind rushed by her, her long hair escaping from the ponytail and flying behind her; the amazing feeling of freedom filling her up with joy. She looked down at the beautiful landscape, and smiled at the sight of the big house in front of the mountains by a beautiful lake. They landed beside the house.

"There's no one here." Said Ursa. "When you mentioned that you needed secrecy I remembered this house was empty."

"I love this house. This is such an important place – here is where you fought the Empire's control; where mom dueled Gar Saxon and you killed him."

"Yes. And you can stay here for as long as you want." They walked into the house. "I've redecorated it a bit. Took out the formal throne room and added this living space. What do you think?" Ursa asked as they sat on a comfortable couch, Sara beside her.

"It's great. Looks cozier, more like a home than the military base it looked before."

"Now. Tell me: why are you really here, Sara?" she held her granddaughter's hands.