Eiji and the Magic Lamp

Once upon a time, in the hot desert sands of the Elemental Nations, there was a kingdom called Sunagakure no Sato. Home to adventure and exotic treasures, this vast and glorious kingdom was truly a sight to behold.

One day, deep in the heart of the city, the local marketplace was alive and busy as ever. By mid-morning, the villagers had set up their stalls to sell their wares and had attracted a sizable crowd. This accounted for the Suna Anbu presence, as it was common for thieves to sneak up and take one or two of the many tempting exotic trinkets and oddities. One of these thieves was a young man named Eiji Ito. Having been brought up on the streets since childhood with only his agility, speed, and street smarts, Eiji spent his days dodging the Suna Anbu and stealing the meals he needed to survive.

Eiji wouldn't have escaped pursuit all these years if it weren't for his very best friend, a mongoose named Izuku. They were both orphans and dirt poor, but they didn't care. They had each other, best friends forever and that was all that mattered.

"I'd say it's just about time for breakfast, Izuku. I'm starving," Eiji said, scanning the marketplace stalls from an empty alleyway for something to steal. "Oh! And I've got my eye on that fruit stall over there." He pointed his finger down to a stall filled with different kinds of fruit. He smiled and his mouth watered. "You know what to do, little buddy."

Izuku nodded and scurried from his hiding place towards the stall to their soon-to-be breakfast. He was moments away from reaching a particularly delicious-looking Nashi when he quickly ducked under the stall instead. A strange hooded woman had been down the street forcing Izuku to remain out of sight. The woman then spotted two young children standing beside a stall of baked goods. They were staring at the cakes, pastries, and breads longingly, hoping for just one taste. She approached them.

"Hello. Are you hungry?" she asked. They sadly nodded before the woman took two loaves and gave them to the children. "Here, take some cornets."

The two children's eyes widened in shock and they smiled, taking the bread in their hands and hugging the woman tightly.

"Thank you!" One child said.

"Yes, thank you!" The second added.

"You're very welcome," the woman kindly replied before the pair ran away with the bread in tow.

From his hiding place, Eiji was watching the exchange curiously. He seemed rather fixated on the mysterious shopper and he didn't know why. When the children were gone, the owner of the stall, who was an elderly man with gray hair, turned around and saw the woman and two loaves of cornets gone. He did not look too happy.

"You'd better be able to pay for that, miss," the merchant said sternly.

"Pay?" the woman nervously asked.

"Uh oh..." Eiji muttered to himself.

"Nobody steals from my stall," the merchant said, approaching the woman.

"Stealing? Oh, I'm sorry, sir. I don't have any money."

"No money you say? So you're a thief then."

"Thief? No. Please, if you just let me go to the palace, I can..."

"Do you know what happens to thieves like you around here?" he violently grabbed her arm.

"Let go of me!" the woman demanded before Eiji suddenly appeared between the two of them. Hearing the commotion, Izuku ran from his hiding place and quickly jumped onto his friend's shoulder.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Easy, Akemi. What's going on here?" the young man asked.

"Is it not obvious? I turn my back for one minute and this young woman right here, she stole some of my bread," The man said angrily.