Little Red Cream

Once upon a time in a small village near the edge of a thick forest, there live a young rabbit who always wore a lovely red cape with a hood that her dear Granny had made for her. The rabbit loved it so much that she hardly took it off and she wore it so often, every day in fact, that everyone in the village started to call her Little Red Cream.

One sunny day, Little Cream heard that her Granny was sick with a bad cold and she wanted to visit the old bunny. So Little Cream's mother packed up a basket with some freshly baked goodies and a large jug of crisp apple juice, Granny's favorites. She gave the basket to her daughter and told her, "Cream, my dear, I need you to take this basket of goodies and apple juice over to Granny's house. She's sick in bed and weak. These'll do her some real good. And on your way there, I want you to go quickly, stay on the path, and don't talk to strangers. The forest can be very dangerous, especially for little rabbits. So be sure to be extra careful."

"Don't worry about me, Mother. I'm a big bunny now. I promise I'll be careful," Little Cream said confidently.

Little Cream's Granny lived in a small cottage on the other side of the dense forest. She knew it would be a very long way to walk, but the rabbit felt she was up for it. Although Little Red Cream was a sweet and friendly rabbit at heart, she was known to be rather inquisitive and always get a little distracted. After waving her mother goodbye, the little rabbit in red was out the door and on her way to her Granny's house, holding the little wicker basket in her arms. But Little Cream would've been much more careful if she listened to her mother's advice.

Little Cream was making her way through an ominous yet peaceful forest with a smile on her face and a skip in her step while humming a happy tune to herself. All around her, leaves rustled and animals stirred, but she wasn't afraid because she traveled the forest many times with either her mother or her Granny and she never came across any danger.

But after an hour or so of walking, Little Cream suddenly found herself in a very unusual part of the forest. She soon began to hear rustling in the trees and bushes around her, but it didn't frighten her. She figured that it was just a small animal or bird of some sort and shrugged it off. Little Cream stopped in her tracks when she felt a rough finger tap her left shoulder. She perked up when she heard a deep male voice she didn't recognize say, "Hello, little rabbit."

Little Cream quickly turned around, looked up, and let out a tiny gasp when she discovered the source of the voice. It was a tall, abnormal-looking creature called a draconequus. The rabbit was quite surprised. She had never seen a beast like this before and she didn't know how wicked and dangerous such a creature can be.

"Oh! Um...h-h-hello, m-m-mister..." Little Cream stuttered hesitantly, taking a small step away from the stranger in fear.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to startle you. I only wanted to say hello," The creature said sweetly. "Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Discord. And what is your name?"

"Oh, uh...Little Red Cream," The bunny calmly answered, no longer afraid. "It's nice to meet you, Mr. Discord."

"A pleasure to meet you, Miss Cream. And, might I ask, wherever are you going in this deep, dark, spooky forest all by yourself?" Discord politely asked.

"To my Granny's house. She's sick with a bad cold, so I'm gonna go visit her today to cheer her up," Little Cream naively replied.

"To Granny's house, eh? How thoughtful of you. And what might be in your basket?" Discord asked, slowly lifting the cloth covering the basket to take a look inside.

"Some sweets I made with my mother." The bunny replied, covering up the basket again. "There's some chocolate chip cookies, apple fritters, cinnamon rolls, brownies, bread with Nutella, and a jug of apple juice. They're for Granny, so she'll have something good to help make her feel better."