Hinata and the Seven Hedgehogs

Once upon a time, in a small kingdom on the edge of the forest, there lived a beautiful young woman named Hinata Hyuga. She lived with her father, King Hiashi Hyuga her younger sister Hanabi and her cousin Neji, thus she was called Princess Hinata. She also lived with her stepmother, a woman named Queen Asami. This queen was very beautiful as well as clever, but she was also vain, spoiled, selfish, and cruel. Queen Asami possessed an enchanted mirror that spoke nothing but the truth. So every day, she would go to her mirror and say:

"Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?"

And every time, the mirror would always reply:

"You, my queen, with your beauty so grand, are the fairest in the land."

This always made the Queen very happy with herself as well as her mirror, for she never thought of anyone else who was more beautiful than her. In any case, Queen Asami was always known as the fairest of them all for many years. But one fateful day, all of that changed.

"Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?" The Queen asked as usual.

"Asami, my queen, you are very fair, 'tis true, but...but there is somebody else who is fairer than you," The mirror said nervously.

"What?" The Queen whispered. She winced, her eyes twitching as she breathed.

"Yes," The mirror replied.

Through her gritted teeth, the Queen slowly asked, "Who...is it?"

"It's...it's...Princess Hinata," The mirror winced in fright as he spoke, waiting for the Queen's reaction.

Queen Asami was enraged. How could her stepdaughter be fairer than her? A new hatred for Hinata began to form and grow in the woman's dark heart. Her eyes burned with anger as she glowered at the mirror before her.

"Hinata?! That pathetic, sorry excuse for a princess is fairer than me?! That can't be true! I can't believe it! I won't believe it!!" she shrieked.

"My Queen, I speak nothing but the truth! You know that! Please don't hurt me!" The mirror squealed in terror.

"Ugh! Spare me your exaggerated falsities, you worthless chunk of glass!!"

But then a thought popped into the Queen's head. When had her loyal and true mirror ever lied to her? She calmed down, then tried to think of a plan.

"But...if what you're saying is the truth, then I'll have to get rid of that Princess Hinata...and I know exactly how to handle it. I want the Huntsman!" she yelled.

And as if on cue, a man with olive skin, brown eyes, short black spiky hair and a beard came into the Queen's bed chamber fast as lightning. He wore a deep green leather vest and hat with a bow, a few arrows, and a knife tucked in his belt. He kneeled before Queen Asami.

"You sent for me, Your Majesty?" The Huntsman asked.

"Yes, I did," The Queen said, looking at the man before her. "Asuma Sarutobi, I'm glad you're here. I have an important task I need you to do for me."

"As long as you're the queen, your wish is my command, Your Majesty. What is it that you want me to do?" Asuma asked.

"That's good. Right now, I want you to find Princess Hinata."

"Uh-huh."

"And take. Her. Out."

"Yes, Your Ma-wait a minute. Wait. What?! But-but-but...but Your Majesty, surely you don't mean it! Do you?"

"Oh! Of course, I mean it." The Queen violently grabbed Asuma by the neck. "And if you don't want to get into any trouble with me, I strongly suggest that you do exactly as I tell you or else!"