3

The doctor slowly opened the door and studied Mi standing by the dresser with her head down. She tilted her head up just enough for him to see her teary face as her long brown hair exposed it. She threw the knife gently towards him. It slid half way to him and she collapsed to the floor.

The doctor looked around then pulled something out of his dresser. "Talk after you sleep. You're out of it." He pushed a needle into her arm, carefully injecting the contents.

Mi looked up at him blankly.

"What's wrong?" The doctor asked softly, knowing she'd be asleep any second after a bit of mental confusion.

"It really hurts." A tear slid down her face.

The doctor watched calmly and confused as her eyes slowly fell closed and her body slumped into his. "I'm trying." He huffed. He lifted her gently into the bed and threw the covers carelessly over her. He didn't understand her. If the needle hurt. Or if she hurt. Both were an obvious pain though.

Mi woke up to a slightly careless tug on her hand. She threw her eyes opened, studying the doctor as he slid a ring onto her pinky. "What are you doing?"

The doctor didn't flinch as he slid one more ring on her thumb, leaving each finger with a ring. "Tracking device. I get your pulse. Your exact heart rate. You're exact location, the fastest route to you and, better yet," he laughed a little as he slid the thumb ring to the side and little knives came out. "Protection."

Mi laughed, sitting up and holding the knives to his chest putting her face directly in front of his threateningly.

The doctor pulled his arm up, holding a gun to her throat. "So she does know how to fight like people say," he teased.

"And you're not just a low life doctor," she retorted, sliding the knives back, leaving herself defenseless.

"I could kill you if I wanted."

"So could I." Mi smiled. "Me I mean. Just as easy as you pulling that trigger if the gun had any bullets."

The doctor pulled back, laughing. "See someone's feeling better."

"And what's the cure?" Mi mocked. "Or was there none?"

"Me."

Mi glared at him. "Don't play that game. I really will load that gun Doctor."

"Ah. No fun." The doctor huffed. A few seconds passed and he got to his feet. "It's Yeon Jun. Don't call me doctor."

"Ooh. You have a name," Mi cheered with fake delight.

"Mr. Sun wants to see you. Put your acting skills to the test. No matter what happens, follow me, and act hurt." Yeon Jun said, moving his hands to pick her up but going slowly so she could still push him away.

"He's easy to play," Mi laughed, letting his arms wrap around her, lifting her strongly into his grasp.

Yeon carried her into Mr. Suns office and set her on a chair. He stood behind her and cleared his throat.

There was a long moment of silence.

"He's dead?" Mr. Sun spoke.

"Yes sir." Yeon answered confidently. The confidence crushed something inside of Mi and she let her head fall into her hands.

Mr. Sun laughed. "And what's her problem?"

"Concussion. Broken knee. Sprained ankle. Deep cut on right arm that needed stitches and a broken rib."

At that Mi couldn't tell if he was lying. She knew she was hurt but not to what extent.

"I'm fine-

"I didn't ask for your words-

"Father I-

"I'm not your father!"

Mi jumped as he reached over to slap her.

"I was assigned the task to protect her at all costs and am doing so now," yeon spoke quickly.

Mi studied him. He had jumped in the way. Something her father would have killed a man for. But now he didn't speak.

"I apologize for my interference but it's my oath I don't let a single hand lay on her and that includes yours, kill me if you must but I'm doing as you told." Yeon added.

Mr. Sun scoffed. "You've still got guts Yeon Jun. Just like you did as a child"

Anger flashed through Yeons eyes. "Never lost them." He stood, facing Mr. Sun. "In fact I think that's one of my greatest strengths." He spoke in a tone as if the words should be threatening. And they were because Mr. Sun took a step back.

"When will she be healed?" He changed the subject.

"1 month under the right conditions including bed rest."

Mr. Sun laughed. "See they really gave it to you this time." He paused. "First day you can scout the abandoned warehouse where the Chin used to go." He waved a hand of dismissal.

"Don't!" Mr. Sun yelled before Yeon could pick Mi up. "Leave on your own you pathetic shit."

"Sir. She has-

"I don't care if she's dying. She'll walk away on her own 2 feet!" He insisted.

"I'm fine," Mi stood up.

She took a step forwards and yelped in pain as she fell; Yeon catching her. Her knee truly did hurt and her ankle was on fire. "Shes hurt!"

"Shes a wimp!"

"I'm worthless!" Mi screamed over everyone. "I can't do anything right. At least we can agree on that."

Yeon Jun let her go and she pulled herself up higher using her arms around his neck. He grabbed her again, carefully getting her into the chair. "Fuck you. I hope you rot in fucking hell," yeon sneered. He grabbed the back of the chair and dragged Mi out.

"Fuck off," Mi mumbled to Yeon Jun once they got a ways from Mr. Sun's office.

"You fuck off. You're not worthless. Do you know how many lives you've save?" More than me and I'm the only doctor here. I've actually lost more than I've saved."

"But people don't come to you. They come to me. And I don't know why-

"Because they trust you!" Yeon hissed.

"That I can kill them?" Mi scoffed. "I kill. He trained me to kill and thats all I do. I kill whoever he tells me to like a fucking puppet. I'm a slave here. We're all slaves under his command and I'm tired of it!"

Yeon dropped the chair and it barely landed on all fours. "You know. That's the most sensible thing I've heard you say all day. You're cute when your pissed."

"I have a boyfriend. Fuck off."

Yeon paused. Her boyfriend was dead. That must've been one of the excuses she used to escape people which meant she was currently uncomfortable. "So? I can't call another mans women hot?"

"You said cute!" Mi yelled.

"Ok. So cute is alright? Then we're fine here." Yeon kept pulling the chair.

"We're friends now." Mi stated.

Yeon laughed. "What? Why?"

"Because I was told I'm not allowed to kill my friends."