10

2 and a half years later

There were loud footsteps rushing down the hall.

Yeon jumped at the unknown sound. High heels. "Do you know where he is?"

"They moved em bouta' year 'go." An old man answered.

"Ye!" A hoarse voice cried. "Ye!"

"Mi Sun?" Yeon whispered. He shook his head realizing he was hallucinating again. "Fuck off."  He whined.

"Ye! Ye where are you?" The voice grew closer.

Yeon broke into tears, leaning his weak body forwards and going to the gates. "Mi Sun!" He yelled hoarsely. It had been at least a solid month since his last drink of water. "Mi sun!' He gave in to the hallucinations. "Mi sun!"

"Yeon Jun? Speak up idiot!" Mi hissed.

Yeon jumped confused. It was so realistic. Was he dying? "Mi!"  Was she dead. Was she calling him. "Mi Sun!"

Yeon closed his eyes. Letting his body limp to the floor.

"Where are you?" Ye yelled annoyed.

"1046!"

"What?"

Ye stayed silent, letting the echo of his hallucination take over.

"Ye what the hell? Didn't you here me asking where you were?" Keys rattled loudly.

"Stop it." He quietly pleaded. "Stop it. Stop. It hurts. Just fucking stop!"

A tight hand grabbed him and he felt a sudden relief around his wrists and ankles. "Yeon it's me. Just look at me. We have 10 minutes."

Yeon jolted up, studying Mi dressed in underclothes, a blanket around her waist, and a single high heel on. Her makeup was smeared as if she was crying and she had scratches on her side. "Water?" Yeon asked.

Mi shook her head. "Look at me!" She hissed. "10 minutes."

"9." Yeon stated frantically as he realized he wasn't hallucinating at all. He pulled her down the hall but when it came to the stairs he leaned on her.

"Min Ho's out. He's going to meet us at the gas station. And  we're going to go to the police station. Yeon. We're free." Mi said calmly, her quick steps not faltering.

Yeon stayed quiet. She lead him to his room and all he did was grab a pre loaded breif case before signaling for her to help him out. In silence they managed to get to the car.

"Stop. The cars bugged. They're all bugged-

"Min Ho bought a few escape cars. There's a few people who wanted out they trapped them too" Mi slammed the gas.

Yeon leaned over, hugging Mi tightly. "Fuck you!" He whined letting his tears brush away a bit of blood on her shoulder. "I thought you left. I heard you were free. I heard you were marrying."

"He forced me to act like I was an innocent child. I didn't leave his side. I had a guard everywhere I went even the wash room." Mi took a deep breath at her breif vent. "He married me off. The wedding was next month."

Yeon stayed quiet, unable to take his eyes off of her. He studied her entire body. But it wasn't because of her body. It was the scratches covering it. A fit of anger filled him when he saw the scratches on her thighs.

"He wanted to be able to say I was pregnant..." Mi kept pausing cautiously. Embarrassed.

"Mi did you. . .-

"No!" Mi hissed. "He tried! And I got out but he. . ." Mi huffed angrily.

Yeon backed off quickly. "Sorry. Sorry I wasn't thinking. I shouldn't have touched you when you're-

Mi forced him back into a hug. "I don't care anymore. I just need a hug."

Yeon held her tighter, trying not to distract her from the road. "Mi. I do need water. I'm getting dizzy."

"Very back." She sighed.

Yeon carefully removed his hands from around her shoulders and climbed to the back. He grabbed them both a water, drank one, then grabbed another.

"So. We're a ways out. We're staying at a hotel tonight. Is that ok?" Mi asked.

"Yes," yeon answered a little to fast. "Sorry. It's been a while since I've seen a real bed." He laughed.

Mi laughed at him. "Ye." She laughed again. "Ye. You're acting weird."

Yeon shrugged. "Well. I have barely had a loaf of bread this week. I've been in chains, unmoving for 2 years, I haven't had water in a month. Haven't had social interaction in 2 years. My calander was a stone wall. I don't actually know what day it is. And the first person I've talked to in 2 years is my crush who I thought was dead and she's half naked in front of me and I really. Really want to kiss her but I can't because I don't know her mental state, or if she's changed. And even when I hug her I can't stop blushing!" Yeon whined with a hint of anger in his voice.

Mis face flushed a bright red. "I'm sorry." She said nervously then cleared her throat.

Yeon couldn't help but smile. He returned to his seat, holding Mis hand.  A long 20 minutes passed and he was nearly asleep in the passenger seat.

"Ye?" Mi whispered.

He hummed in response.

"I found something to live for," she said.

Yeon didn't react.

"My best friend. It's you... this isn't how it's supposed to work. We're supposed to be enemy's. Good. And bad. And then you're supposed to save me. And I'm supposed to fall for you and. . . And we mess around but in the end we're together. You know? Like a drama." Mi waited in another long moment of silence. "Well we're both bad. And we saved each other.... that sounds really cheesy. But I actually meant that in a literal term. But you fell for me and I didn't fall back. And the happy ending might end with us dying trying to save innocent people we don't even know. . ." She paused again and sighed. "Never mind. I sound pathetic."

Yeon laughed a little. He let yet another awkward moment of silence pass before tipping the last of his water into his mouth
And smiling. "So we're a drama?"

"No!  That was the whole point!" Mi yelled embarrassed.

Yeon noticed she was pulling into the hotel and grabbed his breif case, pulling out a set of clothes. "I know." He laughed. "And that was my point."

Mi parked the car and turned it off. "I like you Ye."

Ye slid a shirt over her head making her freeze in confusion. He slid her arms in the holes then grabbed her legs, pulling her so her head was against the window. "You always freeze solid when you're in shock. That's why we make the best friends. I can freeze when I'm stressed. You freeze when you're shocked." He slid her pants on and leaned over her, opening her door. "Come on beautiful let's go. We'll talk about this when I'm not malnourished and literally hallucinating."