8

"Alright. She's yours then."

Yeon walked to his office and came back with a paper. "Sign this or I'm leaving." He threw a pen at him.

Mr. Sun didn't think twice as he began to sign. "What is it?"

Yeon waited until the signature was done, checking it before copying it into the computer. "You just signed her into my care. You can't touch her. Your rules..." yeon laughed. "No longer apply."

Mr. Sun froze, speechless. "Clever boy." He scoffed. "When she dies she's your problem." He turned to the door to leave. "I'll text you the mission," he called before leaving.

Yeon studied the room for cameras or mics. When he was certain everything was clear he went to Mi and grabbed her shoulder gently. She was crying. "Are you ok?" He asked.

"I'll take that hug you promised," she wiped her tears, slowly sitting up as she sobbed.

Yeon quickly wrapped her in a tight hug. "I shouldn't have-

"Thank you," Mi stopped him.

Yeon kissed the top of her head. "I told you I would help."

Mi hugged him tighter. "Fuck off."

Yeon laughed and pulled her into his arms. "I'm still hungry." He said, bringing her to his office and throwing her carelessly into his chair. He threw the bag on her lap and sat on his desk. "Give me." He reached.

Mi smiled throwing him a bag of chips. "So. How long have you been a doctor? How long have you been here?"

"Whole life...14 years." Yeon answered.

"Figured."

"Does he hit you a lot?" Yeon asked.

Mi looked at him confused. "What?"

"Mr. Sun. He hit you." Yeon scoffed a little at her attempt to pretend nothing happened.

Mi shrugged then after a moment sighed. "Yeah. So what?"

"I'm just trying to figure out how a girl like you is so fucked up."

Mi laughed at that and leaned her head back against his knee with her eyes closed as she ate another piece of candy. "So I'm a fuck up now?" She teased.

"No. You just are fucked up." Yeon laughed.

A moment of silence went by. Yeon watched Mi slowly doze off. "Hey," he said softly. He set the things in her lap on the table and tapped her face. "Alright beautiful. Let's go to your room." He lifted her up.

"No!" Mi whined.

Yeon set the snacks on her stomach and she smiled happily. "And stop picking me up," she wrapped her arms around his neck, burrying her face in his shoulder.

"No." He stated. "yeodongsaeng." He emphasized the younger sister.

Mi laughed slightly, resting her head back in his arms but her face was pained.

"Mi?" Yeon called softly. "Does it hurt? Do you want anything?"

Mi squeezed her eyes shut, pushing tears down her cheek. "It... hurts." She whispered.

Yeon studied her for a second then dropped her legs, the snacks falling back to the table, letting her wrap herself around him like a child, her arms hugging his neck, and her legs tight around his waist. Her face was buried in his neck again. "I know." He sighed. He grabbed the snacks again and held her as he walked. "It might stop eventually. It's not like you have to move on either. He's still yours. Your still his. It's not like he stopped loving you..." He paused waiting for a response but only getting sobs in return. "You just keep hurting until you feel like you don't have to. You can cry about him 80 years from now and that's still OK. You can fall for someone else and still love him. It's ok."

Mi was breathing slower and a little steadier now. Her cries were quieted and her grip around yeon tightened.

Yeon kissed the side of her head and stayed silent. After a bit more walking he walked into a room and sat on a bed, not even thinking about letting Mi go.

Within the next half an hour they were asleep.

"Yeon. Answer your phone already," Mi whined after the 4th call. She took his phone from his back pocket and shoved it into his hand.

Yeon blinked a few times. "H-hello?" His voice was groggy.

"Why the hell haven't you answered your phone?" Mr. Sun yelled.

Yeon jolted awake now and stood up quickly. He barely caught Mi before she fell. "Sorry. Mi Sun was having medical difficulties. I can't leave her."

"Medical difficulties?" Mr sun questioned, obviously unconvinced.

Yeon looked at Mi with worried eyes.

"Concussion," Mi thought to herself quietly. "Brain. Brain. Anxiety? Ptsd?..." She perked her head up. "Seizure"

"She started seizing so I checked to make sure there was no internal bleeding and luckily she looks fine there but. . ." Yeon froze. All of his logic suddenly left his head. He couldn't even remember what a seizure was. "Sorry. She's doing it again," he hung up.

"Yeon!" Mi hissed. She gasped as he quickly set her down and and stumbled to the side of the chair. He fell and hugged his knees to his chest. "Yeon?" She was worried now and wrapped him in a hug. "Breath. Its OK. Just relax."

He held her back. About 10 minutes passed before Yeon huffed and grabbed Mis shoulder, pushing her back a little. "Sorry." He huffed again, rubbing his teary eyes. He cleared his throat then lifted Mi to her feet. "Go lay on the bed," he nudged her.

"Me?" Mi scoffed. "You're the one who just had a panic attack."

Yeon shoved her into the bed and held her arms tightly. "You are a seizing patient due to your Concussion which caused severe swelling. The swelling interrupted your electrical function thus causing the seizures so I gave you accetemorphine and you are getting better." He quickly explained, reaching over to mess up the bedding.

Mi winced at his touch but Yeon didn't seem to notice as he quickly ran to his phone and picked it up. "Play dead," he dialed Mr. Sun's number.

"Yeon! What the hell was that? Where are you?" Mr. Sun yelled.

"My room. Less things to break," Yeon spoke calmly.

"Don't move!" Mr. Sun hissed, hanging up.

Yeon set his phone on the dresser and ran to the bathroom. He came back with a mist. "What are you-

He sprayed Mi with it a few places around her body. "Sweat," he shrugged, quickly putting it back and bringing back a damp cloth.

"Warn someone," Mi mumbled trying her best to fake being asleep.

Just as yeon got to Mi his door rattled violently and keys unlocked it.